Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Tomorrow

Options
  • 13-12-2006 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have my driving test tomorrow and was just wondering how far out from the kerb should I be when I do my left hand reverse. I'm feeling a bit nervous about this manouvre. I am alright with everything else, I've taken several lesson I have a pre-test booked for tonight but I can never rememeber how far out I should be when doing the reverse. All tips or recommendations are welcome. I've done a search and found loads of useful information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

when I did mine the instructor told me that the important things are

1. Do not hit the kerb (fail)
    2. Take as much space within reason to get around the kerb
    3. Finish up 12 inches from kerb as soon as possible after going around corner.

Good luck!

S

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

Don't get too stressed out about this particular manouver. You can get it wrong and still pass your test (if you don't have too many other faults)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Make sure you look around a good bit when doing the maneuver. I passed mine a few months back and the only X's where for observation on that maneuver.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Hi All,

Thanks very much for all the advice, I PASSED anyway and I'm delighted, I cant believe it, only got one mark for observation on my reverse.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

slumped wrote:
    when I did mine the instructor told me that the important things are

1. Do not hit the kerb (fail)

Eh, I hit the kerb with an almighty thud when I was doing mine & still passed! Think I must have caught him on a good day.........
    jood wrote:

Thanks very much for all the advice, I PASSED anyway and I'm delighted, I cant believe it, one got one make for observation on my reverse.!!!

Well done!

• Advertisement
Advertisement