Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of the **** bus service?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I'm back using the bus the since last week. I had forgotten how horrible it is.

The 19 doesnt seem to follow any kind of timetable. Yesterday the number 5 decided to get jammed between a lorry and a car on donovans rd.
    "we'll be here for a while, ye might as well get off" was all we got.

Soaked the last few days waiting in the rain. Late for work today again.

so... i...

Bought a car tonight! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yes I agree the bus service needs to separated from Bus Eireann but not a la Dublin Bus please...let's learn some lessons and open up the routes to private bus companies for a more efficient regular service in Cork. A bit of competition never harmed anyone (unless U are a semi-state company top heavy with inefficient management and workers with zero motivation!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I had a bit of an El Car Crasho and have been relegated to the bus :(

Although the company i work for has a free bus in the morning from Cork City Centre, big coaches too, nicer than the Bus Eireann contraptions.

I think theres around 6 buses in the morning and the evening and its great! because its at the same time every morning so i know exactly when to leave the house and what time i'll be in work at.

I got Bus Eireann once or twice .. not only was it a ripoff 2.40 each way to Ballincollig, it was always late.

Lots of Polish girls on the bus too .... great eye candy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hynesa

craichoe wrote:
    I had a bit of an El Car Crasho and have been relegated to the bus :(

Although the company i work for has a free bus in the morning from Cork City Centre, big coaches too, nicer than the Bus Eireann contraptions.

I think theres around 6 buses in the morning and the evening and its great! because its at the same time every morning so i know exactly when to leave the house and what time i'll be in work at.

I got Bus Eireann once or twice .. not only was it a ripoff 2.40 each way to Ballincollig, it was always late.

Lots of Polish girls on the bus too .... great eye candy :D

Ha that must be the EMC bus you're talking about, man I miss that bus, changed companies a while back and started getting the number 8. I don't think the number 8 has been on time even once since I started getting it, if it comes within 5 minutes of it's scheduled time I have to examine it to make sure it's a real Bus Éireann bus. It can put you in a bad mood for the rest of the day, standing in the cold and rain for 30 minutes and then having to actually hand money over (€1.35 now!) just to get to work.

I got sooo sick of waiting for the feckin no. 8 that I brought my old bike up from home, got it fixed and started cycling to work. It's a half-hour cycle, but that's a lot faster than the number 8 is most mornings/evenings (and as mentioned in this thread already it does get you fit too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Right, prices went up recently for this ****e service. This is the last straw.

I'm emailing Bus Eireann with a letter of complaint, and I'm going to contact various politicans to see what they have to say, and also private coach/bus companies to see if they'd be interested.

Their comments box doesn't even work though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I look forward to seeing what private companies will be willing to provide a regular all day service not just to salubrious Bishopstown but also up the Northside where their buses will be subject to eggings, stonings and robbings.

I'd also love to hear the politicians - we got rubbish from John Dennehy (FF) this evening who welcomed the new terminal in the airport and criticised the opposition for not providing a new runway when they were in power but forgets to mention the debt millstone that FF have left up at the airport.

The politicians don't care - they don't take the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Whats simply hilarious is some of the routes (or lack thereof)!

So, we've got Carrigaline. A satalite town with over 15,000 people im sure very few of which actually work in Carrigaline. And we've got Ringaskiddy, one of the biggest pharmaceutical hubs/employers in Ireland (and quite possibly Europe). They're about 15minutes drive apart and there are no public transport links between the 2. You have to get a bus to town and then another one back out again. Surely there should be a steady stream of bus's in the morning that would have people on time for work and then home again in the evening at say, half 5.

Surely any executive with any cop on would see this route would seriously milk in the money if a decent service was provided.

Advertisement