Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol Singers

Options
  • 13-12-2006 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone had the 4 likely lads doing their best Christmas Carols at the door? I found them having a good nose in through the door trying their best to see what was inside.......

I politely explained that I had no cash......

Then they appeared again the following night...... think they may be from a haulting site (not that this matters).

Beware of your property this Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

At my last house my elderly neighbour was listening to carol singers trying to politely tell them she had no money and meanwhile some little scumbag had hopped over the back wall to root through her kitchen:eek:

Beware of anyone calling to your house at night and always have your back door locked.....no matter what age you are. I certainly won't be answering to carol singers after dark or anyone else. It's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Dodgy looking little geezers alright. God be with the days when the Wren boys came a knockin' !
    Has anyone had the 4 likely lads doing their best Christmas Carols at the door? I found them having a good nose in through the door trying their best to see what was inside.......

I politely explained that I had no cash......

Then they appeared again the following night...... think they may be from a haulting site (not that this matters).

Beware of your property this Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

foxy06 wrote:
    At my last house my elderly neighbour was listening to carol singers trying to politely tell them she had no money and meanwhile some little scumbag had hopped over the back wall to root through her kitchen:eek:
    Hope Patrick Nally gets Crimbo Release:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

Im at home this week and answered the door to a young boy max 10 years old asking if I wanted to hear him carol sing! he was in a school tracksuit.
    I said no and he ran off so you never know if people are watching the houses!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

yeah the mysterious little 'carol singers' thise little feckers have been knocking on our door before, generally asking for cat food of all things, this happened a few times until they actuallly knocked at the door with a box of kittens!! then they came back the other day Carol singing. The oldest must be at least 14/15 years old? As dodgy looking as hell [SNIP]

beware folks....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

yeah the mysterious little 'carol singers' thise little feckers have been knocking on our door before, generally asking for cat food of all things, this happened a few times until they actuallly knocked at the door with a box of kittens!! then they came back the other day Carol singing. The oldest must be at least 14/15 years old? As dodgy looking as hell [SNIP]

beware folks....
    essentialjc, if you can't make your point without resorting to or hinting at derogatory remarks, please don't post here.

I would remind you to read the charter before posting on this or any other forum on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Had two little fellas call to the door on Monday night trying their luck with carol singing. Told them I wasn't interested and they cleared off.

They then spent a good while ringing people's doorbells, and running off through everyone's trees and gardens. I think someone eventually sent them packing. Brats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 planko

had them at my door last night.Told them to feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Arr the sprit of Christmas in Charlesland!!!

Hope there are no genuine carol singers around the estate otherwise it looks like they will get the door slammed in the face.

What a world we live in!

Well lets face up to it the world isn't a very nice place at the moment is it? I'm all for charity at Christmas but when strangers are calling to my house at night and I'm on my own with two small children upstairs the charity stops and the common sense kicks in. I'd happily listen to carol singers during the day and give sponsorship or help towards fundraising but with a serial killer only 300 miles away and shootings everyday in town I'm not answering the door to strangers after dark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

Young Entrepeneurs trying to get a few euros together to buy their Ma a Christmas present.............

Perception is everything..........

To choose to open your door, give money, run them, etc is 100% the decision of the person in the house.
    To pass judgement, speculate, ridicule, stereotype etc is a luxury.

Page four of todays Irish Mirror:
    Carol Singers as young as 11 are robbing peoples homes in Wexford.

Suder like I said I'm all for charity but not at my front door.
    Shame things were not different but such is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Know the four lads concerned. One lives on my block. Have stolen property here before and have given it back when confronted. Dont think they are buying christmas presents with any money given to them and if they see anything in your garden of interest to them. They will take it. Anyway Christmas carol singing is about genuine charity not entrepenurial endevour. Run them.

Advertisement