Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

40Euro to get car tracked

Options
  • 13-12-2006 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Is 40 Euro fair price to get car tracked with quick fit any cheaper around

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

I know Advance Pitstop in Sword charge €50. Plus Pat points out "its all computerized" as if there's something devinely magical about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Try smaller back street garages. It shouldn't be 40 TBH, last time I got it done was a few years ago and it was about 15!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

40 is the norm for the computer laser one, checks camber, caster and tracking

Wouldn't pay 40 for the older style one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

for a four wheel track 40 quid is good..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

paid €50 for tracking about 6 months ago am getting it done again next week and it's costing €40 so yeah it'd be about right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

i paid €40 a few months back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

€ 40 is not bad for a 20 K machine operated by 16yr old who doesnt know the difference between Camber, toe in ,thrust angle etc .Go to somebody who knows how to do 4 wheel alignment using a manual laser alignment system. The tolerence on the computerised systems is too big and once its shows as green on the screen they wont adjust it. Or really annoy them and ask for your car to be set to the specific stated manufacturers settings without tolerance bet you wont get that for € 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Try and find someone who has a bit of pride in their work - I know, easier said than done, - and get the job done somewhere other than the kwik-f*k monkeys of this world.
    It took them several attempts to get the tracking sorted with my last car, and could'nt see that there was a problem with the steering wheel being 45deg out of the straight ahead position....

In answer to the OPs question, €40 is a fair price, but only if its done by somewhere/someone competent.

At this stage, if my garden wheelbarrow got a puncture, I'd go somewhere else other than any of the fast fit/f*k franchises..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dave Mc Cann in Blanchardstown is the only place I would take my car to get tracked. All the others are just pretenders. When you see their setup, you'll know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

€40 sounds ok, I paid €30 to FastFit (Blanchardstown, next door to Dave Mc Cann)
    maybe it was cheaper to do 2 wheel tracking on a FWD classic car.

anyway that's 2 options there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

How much does Dave Mc Cann charge?

Advertisement