Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a new router help high ping @ peak time?

Options
  • 13-12-2006 3:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought one of them new silver eircom netopia modems in pc world as a longshot to try sort out high pings @ peak times[perfect pings during the day].
    I had no luck however and still the same,im constantly hassling eircom over the issue,so far no joy after over 3 months
    As another long shot im thinking of maybe going with a linksys router,am i barking mad or is there a possibility it may help?
    At this stage im willing to try anything as the only other providers in my area are resold eircom bb.
    To those who are tired of reading my problem i apologise but im desperate for a solution.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Won't make any difference, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was afraid of that,thanks m8 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Take the dried frog pills and it might help the "Barking Mad" syndrome. Does nothing for high pings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

went into pc world and enquired about the modems just to see did they actually know anything... :D:D

i felt like i was dealing with the guy below :eek: :eek: :eek:
    00233.jpg

Advertisement