Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt !

Options
  • 13-12-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

This has been doing the rounds ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Wasn't there something about the traffic corps having the power to seize foreign vehicles if the driver couldn't prove they were only a visitor or some such? I like the .pdf by the way. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Why would SIMI issue this when they are fully in favour of the current VRT system?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Why would SIMI issue this when they are fully in favour of the current VRT system?
    Because they are fully in favour of the current VRT system.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Perhaps the SIMI would like to guesstimate also how many of those cars could actually be legally re-registered by their owners without the need to pay VRT i.e. moving here from another country but leaving the re-registration for a long time. No extra VRT there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Perhaps the SIMI would like to guesstimate also how many of those cars could actually be legally re-registered by their owners without the need to pay VRT i.e. moving here from another country but leaving the re-registration for a long time. No extra VRT there!
    Good point, but a bit complex for the SIMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    It's not an attack on VRT. It's an attack on the Revenue because they are fully within their power to seize a vehicle which has not had VRT paid on it, where required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

seamus wrote:
    It's not an attack on VRT. It's an attack on the Revenue because they are fully within their power to seize a vehicle which has not had VRT paid on it, where required.

Yes I misread it in my rage at any mention of SIMI and VRT in the same page :D

Advertisement