Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk fan storms FAI buildings

• 13-12-2006 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Breaking News.

A Dundalk fan has stormed into the FAI buildings and has apparently doused the reception desk in petrol. He has demended a meeting with John Delany re: the new EL situation. Gardi and Fire Brigade are on location.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

WTF? Give over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dr. Dre wrote:
    WTF? Give over.

No joke like, they just reported it as breaking news on Newstalk. I think Oisin Langan is down there reporting.

Sounds more dramatic than it might actually be like :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pighead!! Nooooooooo!

Any reports of the man speaking about himself in the third person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

lol!

Dundalk Fan wishes for the Fai chief exec to come down and talk to Dundalk Fan. When Dundalk Fan was growing up, Dundalk Fan always wanted to come down and see the big smoke. Today is Dundalk Fan's day to shine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Pighead!! Nooooooooo!

Any reports of the man speaking about himself in the third person?

Nothing like making your voice heard, I guess :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Hmmm, sorry for the initial scepticism connundrum, it just sounded too bizarre.
    He, of course, does not represent the rest of us DFC fans :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1213/fai.html

Shall we have a whip-round for Pighead's bail then? I'll donate €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bloody Rovers fans causing trouble again, pretending to be Dundalk fans is a new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's the line the Herald will take. We started to Orange Order riots after all......

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Staunton should know by now that all meetings are by appointment...all he had to do was phone. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Its a all a mix up. He planned to do it but some fella from Galway got in ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I'll keep my post short -

idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Clips on the news. Ill echo respiders comment, idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

redspider wrote:
    I'll keep my post short -

idiot!
    Reported for personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

good to see there are radicals left :) fair play to him

mada999 wrote:
    good to see there are radicals left :) fair play to him
    Fair play nothing. He's a spanner whos brought nothing but shame and embarrasment to a once proud town. Pighead cringed whilst watching the report on the news. The Sun are gonna have a field day with this.

Their supportive headline on Monday when Dundalk were denied entry into the Premier League was "Donedalk", I fear tomorrows one may mockingly read "Dumbdalk"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

He hasnt brought shame and embarrasment to the town in my eyes. Mada thinks he has brought shame to himself.

Since when do people care about what the sun says ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Pighead!! Nooooooooo!

when i heard that in work today on the radio thats the first thing that popped into my head,funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

mada999 wrote:
    He hasnt brought shame and embarrasment to the town in my eyes. Mada thinks he has brought shame to himself.

Since when do people care about what the sun says ?

Considering he is a Dundalk FC steward it certainly brings shame to the club whatever about the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

ziggy67 wrote:
    That is the most shocking thing in this thread!! :):)

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Taken from here

Christmas has a special glow,
    There’s magic everywhere.
    Robins warble in the snow
    And carols fill the air.
    But one young boy was sadder than
    A bowl of misery,
    The day an irate Dundalk fan
    Destroyed his Christmas tree.

A little elf had brought it to
    The house in Merrion Square.
    It rang the bell and right on cue
    Young John was standing there.
    Suspicious, aye and wary,
    He had thanked the little elf.
    Alas! He had no fairy,
    So he sat on top himself.

Santa Claus came calling
    To Nick Leeson and his band.
    John Gill thought it appalling
    That he’d favoured Terryland.
    The mood had been unseasonal
    Above in county Louth,
    And words uncouth and treasonal
    The Dundalk folk did mouthe.

But far from angry peasants,
    John was well in Christmas mode.
    He dreamt of lovely presents
    And a brand new Lansdowne Road.
    But Christmas lights no longer shone
    When, on an angry spree,
    A Dundalk fan poured petrol on
    His lovely Christmas tree.

The wicked act caused John to blanch.
    It really spoiled his day.
    Somebody called the Special Branch
    To haul the chap away.
    The tree, undressed, no longer shone
    Within those stately walls.
    Poor John was left to gaze upon
    His petrol-smothered balls.

So spare a thought this Christmastime
    For one poor little boy,
    The victim of a heinous crime,
    A brutal, savage ploy.
    He’ll hang his balls where’er he can
    But still sobs bitterly,
    Because an irate Dundalk fan
    Destroyed his Christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

bohsman wrote:
    village
    :eek:

Flipin idiot

We didnt get enough points to get into the new league live with it I am!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Here's some footage taken at the incident. Pretty humorous stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jEJLy34RBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have to say after playing in borial park last night i am not surprised they failled to get in due to off the field critiria. That pitch is terrible to play on and I think very dangerous. after spending hundreds of thousand on the pitch they cant even give the changing rooms a coat of paint and the tiolets and showers in the dressing rooms are discustingly bad. Id say most EL players are delighted they dont have to go near the kip.

sorry this was the only thread i could find open on the subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

redzerdrog wrote:
    I have to say after playing in borial park last night i am not surprised they failled to get in due to off the field critiria. That pitch is terrible to play on and I think very dangerous. after spending hundreds of thousand on the pitch they cant even give the changing rooms a coat of paint and the tiolets and showers in the dressing rooms are discustingly bad. Id say most EL players are delighted they dont have to go near the kip.

are you a drogheda fan?

compared to the state of that 02 park or whatever its called, its like old trafford

its an astro turf pitch, how is it terrible and dangerous to play on?

eamoss wrote:
    :eek:

Flipin idiot

We didnt get enough points to get into the new league live with it I am!!

Village/small town, whatever. If it makes you feel any better Id also consider Drogheda a village. Dublin suburb sound better?

tbh I think its a good thing for themselves aswell as the league that theyre getting another season to get their house in order in the 1st Division, from what I hear it was blatantly obvious from early in the season that they didnt have a hope with the off field criteria which is why they pushed so hard for the title/ pushed their luck with the playoff whinge.

bohsman wrote:
    Village/small town, whatever. If it makes you feel any better Id also consider Drogheda a village. Dublin suburb sound better?

tbh I think its a good thing for themselves aswell as the league that theyre getting another season to get their house in order in the 1st Division, from what I hear it was blatantly obvious from early in the season that they didnt have a hope with the off field criteria which is why they pushed so hard for the title/ pushed their luck with the playoff whinge.

Do you mean on field cirteria becasue we got 348 points on the off field cirteria

Off-Field:
    1. Galway
    2. UCD
    3. Bohemians----372
    4. Derry City
    5. St. Pat's
    6. Sligo Rovers--360
    7. Bray Wands---351
    8. Cork City
    8. Dundalk
    10. Shamrock R--346
    11. Monaghan
    12. Cobh Rmbls---315
    13. Finn Harps
    14. Athlone Town--305
    15. Drogheda
    16. Waterford----296
    17. Longford
    18. Shelbourne----278
    19. Kilkenny
    20. Kildare Cty----265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

redzerdrog wrote:

Eh, until you tell us about all the other eL Premier dressing rooms you've been in, and pitches you've played on, that's a fairly strange argument to make. Well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Bateman wrote:
    Eh, until you tell us about all the other eL Premier dressing rooms you've been in, and pitches you've played on, that's a fairly strange argument to make. Well?
    Belfield has an excellent surface but a bit of a sideways slope. Longford is very sandy and a bit uneven. That's all I've played on, hope it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

John_C wrote:
    Belfield has an excellent surface but a bit of a sideways slope. Longford is very sandy and a bit uneven. That's all I've played on, hope it helps.

Stuff you can tell from looking from the stand to be honest. I was referring more so to the dressing rooms, but thank you for that.

Bateman wrote:

well i am not much of soccer player so havent played anywere else except united park where the dressing rooms are a bit small but at least the toilet and shower facility were clean. That was the problem i had with borial it was discusting and filty. I have seen far better quality in the meath and district league.

redzerdrog wrote:
    well i am not much of soccer player so havent played anywere else except united park where the dressing rooms are a bit small but at least the toilet and shower facility were clean. That was the problem i had with borial it was discusting and filty. I have seen far better quality in the meath and district league.

ive been to pretty much every ground in the MDL, can you tell me who's are better?

bohsman wrote:

a dublin suburb? its around 40-45 miles away?? anyway....

and going on your second point, sure why werent shels put down if that the case, could take them more than a year to get their house in order though?

dundalk came eight in the off pitch criteria, so that shows you havent a clue about that, in fairness

event wrote:
    ive been to pretty much every ground in the MDL, can you tell me who's are better?

Pretty much any club that has changing rooms were in far better condition and were far cleaner than dundalk.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote:
    Pretty much any club that has changing rooms were in far better condition and were far cleaner than dundalk.

ah so you cant name any :rolleyes:

thats grand, thanks

Great news for Dundalk this week with 20+ goals a season man Philly Hughes signing a new contract. What a legend! David Crawley is also coming home. Pigheads advice is to lay into the 15/8 quoted for Dundalk to win the 1st Division. They're gonna walk it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

event wrote:

thats grand, thanks

have you ever seen the dressing rooms in oriel....they are a disgrace and i know because I play there at least once a week.....the changing rooms in clancy park are better equipped and cleaner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Theyre hardly a disgrace in fairness. They're clean and functional. Pitch is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

L5 wrote:
    Theyre hardly a disgrace in fairness. They're clean and functional. Pitch is excellent.

the room absolutely stinks of P*ss and the showers work about 1 in every 3 or 4 times i play there....
    clean : no
    functional: not really

pitch i agree is excellent

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:

thats the point i am making here they are neither clean or funtional. The pitch is in great condition alright but i just dont like playing on it. Id say it is worth about 10 points a season to dundalk. I found it very hard to play on it.
    event wrote:

thats grand, thanks

Albian rovers, termonfeckin, AN Grainn an and the MDL in Navan are a few off the top of my head.

redzerdrog wrote:
    thats the point i am making here they are neither clean or funtional. The pitch is in great condition alright but i just dont like playing on it. Id say it is worth about 10 points a season to dundalk. I found it very hard to play on it.

Albian rovers, termonfeckin, AN Grainn an and the MDL in Navan are a few off the top of my head.

ah albions is just ok, half the showers dont work and there is no lock on the feckin door FFS

is an grainn an and termonfeckin not the same?

The MDL is good, ill admit that.

regarding the first issue, in the long run it will be worth more to dundalk. If they are playing on it every week they will be used to it, while away teams wont be used to it at all

Pighead wrote:
    Great news for Dundalk this week with 20+ goals a season man Philly Hughes signing a new contract. What a legend! David Crawley is also coming home. Pigheads advice is to lay into the 15/8 quoted for Dundalk to win the 1st Division. They're gonna walk it next year.

TBH im no fan of Crawley I would have much like to see B.Kelly stay then Crawley come in!!

I dont think Hughes will score as many goals this season because he will be marked man in every single match!

Also I think we might be a bit too cocky iv heard lots of people sayin we are going to walk the league next year but remember we taught the same when we came down first!

But I could be wrong, time will tell

eamoss wrote:
    TBH im no fan of Crawley I would have much like to see B.Kelly stay then Crawley come in!!

I dont think Hughes will score as many goals this season because he will be marked man in every single match!

Also I think we might be a bit too cocky iv heard lots of people sayin we are going to walk the league next year but remember we taught the same when we came down first!

But I could be wrong, time will tell
    Kelly has had a good season alright and I was surprised to hear he was let go but in my opinion Crawley offers more going forward and he can hit a mean free kick as well.

As for Hughes he was a marked man for the whole of the second half of the season and it still didn't stop him. He's just a class act. It would have been interesting to see how he coped with the step up in class but obviously I'm a lot happier we won't be finding out this season.

Gill has done a great job so far without wanting to sound cocky I think with the squad he has assembled the premier league will beckon next year.

Advertisement