Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Money

• 13-12-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Okay,
    There has been a lot of talk recently about the "Major TV money on offer next season" mostly before and since West Ham got rid of Pardew. The chairman wants to be in the premiership next year to benefit from the major TV deal.
    I believe Sky are the only holders of the deal at the moment and next year due to EU competition laws bidders like setanta have gotten a slice of the pie.
    Can anyone advise how much per club the overall deal is work and how much more is it worth than the current deal? Does anyone have any linkage?

How important is premiership survival for a club, especially this year?

There has been a lot of talk about the Billion + deals that Barca and Madrid have signed recently and I assume these deals are to the detriment of the rest of the league, but what happens when Madrid play another team, do the other team get a slice?
    In the premiership I assume the TV money is equally shared amongst the clubs but this doesnt seem to be the deal in Spain.
    Clarification or linkage on the Premiership deal would be appreciated.
    Kippy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Would this would be better in one of the business fora?
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kippy wrote:
    Hi all,
    Okay,
    There has been a lot of talk recently about the "Major TV money on offer next season" mostly before and since West Ham got rid of Pardew. The chairman wants to be in the premiership next year to benefit from the major TV deal.
    I believe Sky are the only holders of the deal at the moment and next year due to EU competition laws bidders like setanta have gotten a slice of the pie.
    Can anyone advise how much per club the overall deal is work and how much more is it worth than the current deal? Does anyone have any linkage?

How important is premiership survival for a club, especially this year?

There has been a lot of talk about the Billion + deals that Barca and Madrid have signed recently and I assume these deals are to the detriment of the rest of the league, but what happens when Madrid play another team, do the other team get a slice?
    In the premiership I assume the TV money is equally shared amongst the clubs but this doesnt seem to be the deal in Spain.
    Clarification or linkage on the Premiership deal would be appreciated.
    Kippy

i think youre about 6 months too late with regards the premier.
    setanta won most of them and sold them onto sky over the next 3-4 years.

as for the figures, no idea, but feel free to post up when you have done your research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Does nobody bother seraching any more? :confused:
    The Premiership's new domestic TV deals, with Sky and Setanta, worth £1.7bn between 2007 and 2010
    The total prize pot now is £1.6bn over three years, or £25m per club each season on average, ranging from £17m (lowest) to more than £30m (league winners). From next year that will jump to £40m per club on average. Even the least successful team will see an extra £8m go straight to the bottom line, while the top clubs will earn £20m more each year.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2055523.ece
    The BBC has retained the rights to show highlights for the same three seasons (on Match of the Day) for £171.6 million, a 63% increase on the £105 million it paid for the previous three year period. Sky and BT have agreed to jointly pay £84.3 million for delayed television rights to 242 games (that is the right to broadcast them in full on television and over the internet) in most cases for a period of 50 hours after 10pm on matchday. Overseas and mobile phone rights are expected to fetch several hundred million pounds.

Premier League wiki

Advertisement