Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*obligatory examtime "booty in the library" topic*

Options
  • 13-12-2006 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Obviously there's no disagreement that the comm/law section has the best selection of booty in the library..

..but why is all of it so distracting around examtime?!

I've been sitting across from possibly the most perfect looking girl in the history of girls that look perfect.. she's so cute. she even did a cute sneeze and said "scuse me" to no-one in particular.

its really bad that i'm perving when i should be studying.. beware the library will lead ye astray

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I saw a really cute girl with a lowcut top sitting directly opposite me and she looked really good.

Its actually really hard to study when you're in the eyeline of beautiful girls especially when they're walking in the corridors.

To answer your question Umaro its always distracting when the library is packed to full capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

the university probably get them in to encourage you to study

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Saw a cracker the other day, but the time I had melted the cheese she was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Saw a cracker the other day, but the time I had melted the cheese she was gone.
    :eek:
    Last edited by The_Minister : Today at 17:29.

I'm disturbed, worried and slightly aroused by the question of what you editted FROM to leave us with that lovely thought...

(edit: oh wait... cheese... cracker. I get it. Heh.. i'm gonna switch off a troublesome part of my brain now.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

MMmmmmMMMmm.... brAin cHeeeeesor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

yea its pretty bad alright in the library around exam time...its even worse when you are in an exam and theres a good looking girl sitting either side of you that are wearing low tops and are contsantly leaning over the desk or when theres one sitting directly infron of you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

fatal wrote:
    yea its pretty bad alright in the library around exam time...its even worse when you are in an exam and theres a good looking girl sitting either side of you that are wearing low tops and are contsantly leaning over the desk or when theres one sitting directly infron of you.......
    maybe they should provide exam blinkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I haven't set foot, hand or head in the library in a looong time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Im spoken for so technically im not allowed to be checking out other girls but not that its stops me:P, the girl sitting down accross from me kept looking over towards me and smiling :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

the girl sitting down accross from me kept looking over towards me and smiling :cool:

who cares................if she wasnt pretty;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

fatal wrote:

Oh God yes during one of my Leaving Cert exams one of the girls kept looking at me and showing some leg.

It was torture..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

The girl I mentioned in my first post is in front of me again. She's wearing this low-cut thingy.. just wow. And she's in here so early - I came in at 8.45 and she was already at a laptop desk. She gets up early to study? That is so hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have to say I'm finding it rather unfair that in the male department the library is sadly lacking. There all either abercrombie wearing or skinny jeans wearing and some of those boys have unnaturally skinny pins.

In saying that there was one cute guy in the library but one is so uncool.

I've since given up on the library as a mark of protest over the lack of eye candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Thats why we love the eng block :) Except the guys here are surprisingly bitchy around exam time... like girl bitchy :eek:

Lol.

Boys take note: we are not impressed improve your standards :p

My current view is a wall - very well spaced blocks though - apparently engineers would appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I never get to see any talent :( I don't study in the library though, 3rd year lab has better chairs and fewer annoying arts students hogging laptop spots when they don't need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've given up on the library this semester. Seriously lacking in talent especially in the old reliable commerce & law section where back in the day you could be guaranteed at least one fella to oogle. Now theres nowt impressive. Theres also a distinct lack of librojock [supahot sporty guy who used to sit oposite me, Grimes and HCH nicknamed him librocock]
    The view here in Roebuck is excellent however and I would reccommend it to the female boardsies -I'm leering and studying.. what a combo!

Yeah hot exam boy from last year did his finals last year - I was distraught when I found out. And the guy from the year before went and did silly things that made him not hot to me anymore.

Bring back the eye candy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Scraggs wrote:
    I've given up on the library this semester. Seriously lacking in talent especially in the old reliable commerce & law section where back in the day you could be guaranteed at least one fella to oogle. Now theres nowt impressive. Theres also a distinct lack of librojock [supahot sporty guy who used to sit oposite me, Grimes and HCH nicknamed him librocock]
    The view here in Roebuck is excellent however and I would reccommend it to the female boardsies -I'm leering and studying.. what a combo!
    And I finished last year....

Coinicde? I think NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I have to say I've never been distracted by a boy in the library. Distracted by everything else...yes. I rarely find boys in UCD hot. Maybe it's cos I'm from the country, I don't appreciate the well-cultivated accent and hours of hair-gelling to perfection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

More than half of UCD students are from outside of Dublin actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sangre wrote:
    And I finished last year....

Coinicde? I think NOT.
    Sure of course why I didnt I think of that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Scraggs wrote:
    Sure of course why I didnt I think of that:rolleyes:
    I'm really tempted to ban the next person who uses that stupid rolleyes icon. If you can't get across sarcasm without animiated gifs, you're just not very good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Some of us are not as acclomplished in the sarcasm league Dear. "rolls eyes"

I avoid the library at exam times because of the flirting of the doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Sangre wrote:
    I'm really tempted to ban the next person who uses that stupid rolleyes icon. If you can't get across sarcasm without animiated gifs, you're just not very good at it.
    That is such an appropriate use of your moderating powers, we can all sleep sounder knowing that you are fighting the good fight against prosthetically-enhanced sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Some mods eh:rolleyes:

So I'm not O.T. I think after all my running around looking for notes my faint aroma is clearing the tables around me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I never get to see any talent :( I don't study in the library though, 3rd year lab has better chairs and fewer annoying arts students hogging laptop spots when they don't need them.

You never see any talent?? Try being a male computer scientist.....:(
    Stupid lack of requirement of being in the library. I want talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Computer Science: The odds are good, but the goods are odd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Umaro wrote:
    its really bad that i'm perving when i should be studying..
    Drop a pen under the table:D

• Advertisement

You know what? It's bad enough that there's no eye candy in the library but today I took serious offence to there being no eye candy in the invigilator department.

I mean in all fairness I've had appalling luck, in first year I had pretty much all girls which was no use to me, second year saw me get my ex supervising me, that was fun and this time I got a guy who had actually written evil invigilator on his exam badge.

Oh Good Karma where art thou?

Advertisement