Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy fish in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

Not sure about fishmongers but there's plenty of quality butchers on Meath Street and another on Thomas Street near the junction with Meath Street.

They all have very cheap prices too.

Is there not one just beside the new Bull Ring at the corner of Grey Street? There are two shops on a butchers.
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    It has always been that way on Meath St and Thomas St - very cheap prices. However, when it comes to meat and fish, I am always scared of cheap shops and wonder where the stuff really comes from. I could be very very wrong to be suspicious but you can't be too careful with meat and fish I always think. If you can guarantee to me that its top quality and Irish, then of course I apologise.

Nearly all of those butchers have been around longer than I have so they must be doing something right! I used to get dragged around there every Saturday, probably like a lot of other kids. There used to be buses in from the suburbs before all the shopping centers started opening.

There is a good fish shop in Lucan Village, at the row of shops just before Courtneys ( the pub with thatched roof)

This might be handy for you, only up the road.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Is it ok to post here at this late stage? Just wanted to say how sad I was to learn that The Good Fish Shop closed down last week in The Square Tallaght. I bought all my fish supplies there since it opened just this past year but obviously they mustn't have got enough trade. Now I have to look for another fish shop. What a pity!

Advertisement