Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God, Evolution or Extraterrestrial Creationism?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

RayMondo wrote:
    As we already know up to 95% of all UFO reports turn out to be either, natural phenomenon such as stars etc, or misidentifications such as satellites... that's not to say that the other 5% is extraterrestrial, just that we don't currently know, however I think at this stage in humanity's development we do know alot and so we have to look at the possibility.

No, actually what we have to do is say "we don't know"

The mistake would be to say "we don't know, but by gosh we hope its aliens. Now if we assume it is aliens that that means the government must be in on it, if the government is in on it they must found some evidence, which must mean that Roswell was true, and Area 51 does have aliens and that must mean......"

You see the difference?

There is a big difference between stating correctly what we don't know what such and such was, to going on flights of imagination trying to come up with theories of what it could have been.
    RayMondo wrote:
    I don't think the news should cover all reports but certain reports made by professionals like, aircraft pilots, police officers, air traffic control personnel, astronomers should at least be looked into if not aired.

Why?

An airforce pilot seeing an unidentified object visually or on his radar screen is not interesting at all, unless one assumes it is an alien. And then you are doing exactly what it is not a good idea to do, jumping to an unsupported conclusion.

It could be anything from a bird, to swamp gas, a computer malfunction. None of those things is worth reporting on ("Breaking News with Sky - An airforce pilot today saw a bird over his left wing while on approach to Bristol RAF base. Initial this bird was not idenfied by ground radar, but on visual it was determined to be a large bird. We will keep you up today on this amazing story").

If someone shows that one of these things actually is an alien space craft, then you report on it.
    RayMondo wrote:
    How does one explain the following UFO account in LA, February 1942 in the midst of World War II. No Photshop or clandestine military projects can explain this?:
    http://www.rense.com/general67/batofla.htm

Seriously, dude, stop going to the internet for this stuff.

Firstly the picture is so bad it is impossible to tell what the search lights are looking at. The most reasonable explination is that they are looking at where the shells are exploding, but there is nothing there except smoke. It has even been suggested a few times that the photo is a fake.

Secondly the "Battle of LA" turned out to an over reaction by the Navy. Official letters to the President at the time confirm this. If they were firing at aliens the US Navy certainly didn't think they were, they thought they were firing at Japanise air craft.

Thirdly why would you think that if there were actually something they were firing at that it was alien in origin, rather than some Japanise covert plan. They were at war with Japan at the time.
    RayMondo wrote:
    Is there a conspiracy of silence cercerning UFOs in the American authorities I definitely think so
    Why?

So long as the US government says "no we have not been contacted by aliens" then alien watchers are going to be convinced that they are lying or covering something up. The fact that they might actually be telling the truth doesn't seem to factor into it. The only answer that would shut these guys up is "Yes, we have been contacted by aliens"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

This might be off topic and very vague but ill put it out there.

Has anyone ever heard of the story about two races that lived a long time ago
    on this planet? It kinda of reminds me of this Extraterrestrial creationism topic.

It went something like this. One race was really tall and very wise and smart. Had
    all sorts of advanced technology for that period. The other race was really small.
    It was not too smart and was more of a simplistic race. The taller race of course
    lived with the smaller one. But there was a sort of class system. The taller ones
    I think ruled the lands while the smaller ones lived in harmony on them. The
    smaller ones where more adept at working on the lands and physically shaping it.
    They had unwritten rules of having races being mixed. They always stuck with
    their own races when it came to reproduction.

But this was not always the case. Eventually the outcome of mixed race
    reproduction lead to a third race. It was simplistic and intelligent, which was
    it's downfall. They didn't seem to be balanced right as a race. So their population
    grew and did not fit in with the other two races. The tall race eventually was
    overthrown or lost their influence as the new race was also quite technologically
    advanced, but because of their hands on simplistic ways they never achieved
    the same greatness the tall ones did.
    The tall ones all left. They left and went into the sky.:confused:

The above is a story of some sort that I have had in my hand since I was a
    kid but never knew where it come about from. Anyone have any idea where
    this might of came from?

Sounds like fecking lord of the rings gone wrong ha ha But I never read that
    when I was a kid. I never could really read when I last remember having this
    story in my head. It's kinda embarrassing posting this weird story online :(

on this planet? It kinda of reminds me of this Extraterrestrial creationism topic.

It went something like this. One race was really tall and very wise and smart. Had
    all sorts of advanced technology for that period. The other race was really small.
    It was not too smart and was more of a simplistic race. The taller race of course
    lived with the smaller one. But there was a sort of class system. The taller ones
    smaller ones where more adept at working on the lands and physically shaping it.

it's downfall. They didn't seem to be balanced right as a race. So their population
    overthrown or lost their influence as the new race was also quite technologically

this might of came from?

Was this like a Anime cartoon or something?

Wicknight wrote:
    Was this like a Anime cartoon or something?

Its exactly what I was thinking. But I've spent countless hours talking about
    old cartoons and I don't recall ever watching TV with this sort of story line. Even
    being drunk and arguing over the best TV cartoon when we were children it still
    never popped up..

I thought it was the Smurfs then I had a nightmare. But I couldn't of made that
    kinda nightmare up at such a young age.

I was just curious if it's theory of extraterrestrial creationism that some ***k
    told me when I was a kid to make me scared of tall and small people :)

It wasn't H.G Wells "The Time Machine"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Machine

Thats kinda similar alright! In fact I only seen that movie just before X-mas this
    year for the first time. For a 50 year old movie I really enjoyed watching it while
    eating dinner :) But I never recalled seeing the story or film before.

It could very well be that film that I seen when I was younger and I added a lot
    of creative ideas to it, creating this memory.

Thanks anyways! Guess its no story of creationism :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

If i had to decide I would say evolution after extraterrestrial plantation of life forms on our planet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I_and_I wrote:
    If i had to decide I would say evolution after extraterrestrial plantation of life forms on our planet.

But where did the extraterrestrials come from? If you go down that road you end up with an infinite recursion, it has to start somewhere. The neo-Darwinian model suggests that increasingly self replicating molecules were the ancestors of organic life. There is a lot of scientific work looking at this too I believe...

I_and_I wrote:
    If i had to decide...

Its ok, you don't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

this might of came from?

Sounds a bit like the Buzz Aldrin book, "Encounter with Tiber". A fiction co written with John Barnes

http://www.amazon.com/Encounter-Tiber-Buzz-Aldrin/dp/0446518549

• Advertisement
Advertisement