Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Years Repeating Third Year Modules

Options
  • 13-12-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Okay Im a little slow

I have failed a course Im taking . It so happens its a third year course . As far as I understand there are no repeats for third years (am I right?). So me being in second year and failing a third year module .. will the option to repeat in summer be available to me ?

Id ask the office but im avoiding them at the moment.. so I thought I'd make boards my first port of call.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm be shocked if there weren't repeats for third years this year. I'd be pretty certain you can repeat at summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

What course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think the way it works is if you fail something in third year then you can repeat it but you will only get a "Pass" degree, but that was before we had modules so i dunno how it would work now. But there'd have to be repeats on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I take it that the third year course is fully modularised as a lot aren't (otherwise you shouldn't have been able to take it). Assuming that it is, the next sitting of the exam will be Summer. There are no Autumn repeats anymore.

Under old regs some courses did not offer a repeat exam.

Advertisement