Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA getting under Vinces's skin?

• 13-12-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

I just saw this on Youtube.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHMEz900E_4

It's VKM's segment from Turning Point! Some parts are funny, but I think its just a bit sad! BG and Kip shouldn't have to resort to bashing Vince and DX to get over with the TNA crowd!

Below is not really a spoiler, but some people might not have seen Turning Point yet and I don't wanna ruin it.
    VKM challenging DX to a match is a waste of TV time and it could be used for TNA to showcase some wrestling and maybe build some stars who are not WWE rejects like BG and Kip. Vince has bigger things to worry about and for the sake of the WWE I hope he realises this and doesn't play into TNA's little war. End rant!

What does everbody think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Same thing will happen as when Goldberg challenged Austin to a "fight" on Nitro a few years ago..WWE wont acknowledge it whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

TNA, well VKM are getting under MY skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My main problem with the gimmick is the two guys playing it. It would be far more effective if it was given to younger guys such as Alex Shelley, Austin Starr or Jay Lethal.

But the whole point of the angle is that the James Gang (or whatever) are pissed off at the current DX. They feel that they are ruining the legeacy the DX circa 98, which they were part of, created. While I agree with what they are saying (DX have been plain embarrasing to watch imo) I just dont see the point in blatantly calling out Vince, Triple H and Michaels, or even referring to WWE's product at all. Of course Russo is behind all this, and he is retarded, so the James Gang aren't all to blame.

On the bright side, the VKM skits are keeping BG and Kip out of the ring!

Double C wrote:
    But the whole point of the angle is that the James Gang (or whatever) are pissed off at the current DX. They feel that they are ruining the legeacy the DX circa 98, which they were part of, created. While I agree with what they are saying (DX have been plain embarrasing to watch imo) I just dont see the point in blatantly calling out Vince, Triple H and Michaels, or even referring to WWE's product at all. Of course Russo is behind all this, and he is retarded, so the James Gang aren't all to blame.

No the whole point of the angle is the declaration of "war" on the WWE and the frustration with their product. The stuff about them being a key part of D-X is just those two guys stroking their own egos.

The angle could, and in my opinion would, work better if it was done by two young guys who could actually go in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I have never seen them so forgive me but are they the old Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. Are they any good haven't seen them in years and TBH didnt really like them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes that was Road Dogg and Billy Gunn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd probably rather not see it in TNA at all, but I thought it was funny when DX invaded a WCW show, and VKM did the same at a recent WWE house show. Turning Point was an excellent ppv by the way, so I don't think they took too much away from the event. I could've done without the naked fat guy though, that's one of the reasons I don't watch WWE

I thought the promo was kind of interesting though. Just one of BG's better ones I think

To answer the thread title though, they obviously are getting under Vince's skin, as BG said in a conference call last week that WWE legal had contacted TNA about it a few times. It also sounded like they'll be taking things further

To answer Reganio, they're not that great in the ring, especially when compared to the rest of the TNA roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

It's funny watching them take the piss, but I really hope this goes nowhere and they go back to wrestling.

I would have been quite the Billy Gunn fan back in the day. I do think he had talent, which shone through when he wrestled the likes of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. But he is far too past it. And he should nevAr be let anywhere near a mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Double C wrote:
    They feel that they are ruining the legeacy the DX circa 98, which they were part of, created.
    On the bright side, the VKM skits are keeping BG and Kip out of the ring!

they didn't create DX it all came out of a comment Bret made about Michaels, Michaels and HBK were the originals, The New Age outlawswere a blow in to DX. i'd like to see them back wrestling again though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

they didn't create DX it all came out of a comment Bret made about Michaels, Michaels and HBK were the originals, The New Age outlawswere a blow in to DX. i'd like to see them back wrestling again though

DX were a created out of many things not just brets comment. It was that comment that created the name but, HHH and HBK say that it was really a vechicle for the antics they got up to backsatge and on the road. Also, DX is a product of the ECW influenced attitude era and a response to the nWo.

In reality there was 2 versions of DX. The one with HBK, HHH and Chyna and then the version with HHH, Chyna, The New Age Outlaws and X-Pac. To claim that the NAO were a blow in to dx is ridiculous. They were a key ingredient to the popularity of DX circa (mid)98-2000. Sales of NAO merchandise was second only to Austin at the time, outselling the Rock and DX themselves.

No the whole point of the angle is the declaration of "war" on the WWE and the frustration with their product. The stuff about them being a key part of D-X is just those two guys stroking their own egos.

The angle could, and in my opinion would, work better if it was done by two young guys who could actually go in the ring.

Its not an attack on WWE as a whole at all, its all about how bad the recent DX skits have been (hence Dumb to the Xtreme).
    I would like to see guys like Starr and Shelley get this kind of push but it woludn't make any sense if guys like these started calling out Vince, HHH or HBK as they have NOTHING to do with DX or WWE.
    As Charlie pointed out, the NAO were two fifths of DX through their most successful period and while the whole angle is Russo, well, being Russo, its being protrayed as the NAO venting their frustrations at what their former friends are doing on tv, well, as far as I see anyway.

I think what you have to look at is the "anyplace" meaning it will take place in WWE if they except. Lets be honest, HHH and michels wouldnt last again the NAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think what you have to look at is the "anyplace" meaning it will take place in WWE if they except. Lets be honest, HHH and michels wouldnt last again the NAO.

Yea, but it won't happen! Thats ehy the whole angle is pointless and wastes valueable TV time, which TNA has very little of anyway!

Double C wrote:
    Its not an attack on WWE as a whole at all, its all about how bad the recent DX skits have been (hence Dumb to the Xtreme).

Uh, no it isn't - why the hell do you think they've had a Vince McMahon parody, footage of someone asleep watching John Cena's The Marine, a Spirit Squad parody and the fat naked oily guy?

It's primarily an attack on WWE and Vince McMahon.

DX were a created out of many things not just brets comment. It was that comment that created the name but, HHH and HBK say that it was really a vechicle for the antics they got up to backsatge and on the road. Also, DX is a product of the ECW influenced attitude era and a response to the nWo.

In reality there was 2 versions of DX. The one with HBK, HHH and Chyna and then the version with HHH, Chyna, The New Age Outlaws and X-Pac. To claim that the NAO were a blow in to dx is ridiculous. They were a key ingredient to the popularity of DX circa (mid)98-2000. Sales of NAO merchandise was second only to Austin at the time, outselling the Rock and DX themselves.
    The NAO were not around at the begining of the second incarnation, that started with HHH Chyna and XPac, the Nao were put in afterwards.

Uh, no it isn't - why the hell do you think they've had a Vince McMahon parody, footage of someone asleep watching John Cena's The Marine, a Spirit Squad parody and the fat naked oily guy?

It's primarily an attack on WWE and Vince McMahon.

Fair enough, I forgot about that Marine thing, but the McMahon skit, the SS skit and the fat guy are all related to DX, and they challenged DX to a match, which as stated above, will come to nothing.

And J.R., what does it matter that NAO didnt join DX straight away? They were still a key part of the group and imo the most entertaining part back then(well, better than Xpac and Chyna anyway).

Double C wrote:
    And J.R., what does it matter that NAO didnt join DX straight away? They were still a key part of the group and imo the most entertaining part back then(well, better than Xpac and Chyna anyway).
    i was simply commentaing that Dx had a legacy before they joined

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Didnt xpac and the outlaws join on the same night? at the start and end of the Raw after WM14?

They did indeed both Join on the same night The Raw after WM14 (take note Mr. Hartley) so I don't know what WWF you were watching to think there was a DX made up of HHH, Pac, and Chyna without the NAO. And if you aint down with that, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never really watched TNA as it's not on TV here, but that youtube skit would definately encourage me to do so. I thought it was well worked and a good example of the underdog going for the big guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The NAO were certainly an integral part to DX, it was them that got me interested in DX at all in the first place. I used to love those two! And they were in DX when DX was at its most popular

I think it's an attack on DX, but of course that involves WWE. DX is what they've focused on, they were both a part of DX and have said that they're pissed off at their legacy being crapped on by the current version

Never really watched TNA as it's not on TV here, but that youtube skit would definately encourage me to do so. I thought it was well worked and a good example of the underdog going for the big guns.

Well, if you were impressed by that, you'd be a lot more impressed by everything else TNA offers! That segment was easily one of the worst parts of the ppv

i still don't understand ho wyou think the NAO have more right to the name then the two who originated it, so what if they were in it at it's most popular, HBK and HHH made DX it was massively popular in its first run, so why can't they ruin it now if they want(which is what they're doing, new DX is boring)

i still don't understand ho wyou think the NAO have more right to the name then the two who originated it, so what if they were in it at it's most popular, HBK and HHH made DX it was massively popular in its first run, so why can't they ruin it now if they want(which is what they're doing, new DX is boring)

I never, nor do I think anyone else said the NAO had claim to the DX title. All I was pointing out was the fact that the NAO were an important part of a very very popular DX and, to disprove your claims that they were latecomers to the 2nd version of DX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ahh. the oft forgotten member:
    Rude later returned to the WWF as an "insurance policy" of the D-Generation X stable (Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Chyna). He assisted with several sneak attacks on The Undertaker. He left the WWF after the Montreal Screwjob at the 1997 Survivor Series. According to Bret Hart, Rude stayed in the locker room during Bret's confrontation with Vince McMahon. Rude then called Eric Bischoff and informed him what had happened was in fact real. As Rude was not signed to a full-time contract with WWF, and was performing on a "per appearance" basis, Rude was able to negotiate a deal with Bischoff and WCW, in part due to his anger over the Montreal Screwjob.

Rude_DX.jpg

http://www.answers.com/topic/richard-rood

Very true Julep, but was Rude not technically a member but, the "insurance policy" or enforcer. I wonder how things would have panned out if he never left for wcw and stayed with dx.....:rolleyes:

Advertisement