Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uri and Ray

Options
  • 13-12-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Heard Uri Geller on the Ray Darcy show. Hilarious.

Usual stuff ... bendy spoons ... dowsing ... helping people win the world cup ... starting watches. The guy is so innocently brutal that you just can't be all that mad at him. When asked how he would have motivated the Irish team if Steve 'Scooby Doo' Staunton had let him in some time back (apparently he was refused entry) he said (slightly paraphrasing) 'I would have bent a spoon for them and then said C'MON, GET OUT THERE AND SCORE GOALS. WIN. WIN. WIN" ... I swear you wouldn't have got it from a six year old ... I nearly crashed the car laughing.

Fair dues to Ray, he manages a respectful scepticism with people like this. Other highlight was his failing abysmally to reproduce Ray's drawing and then saying how that showed how real his powers were because if he was a trickster he would definitely have been able to do it ... Brilliant!!!!:D

Advertisement