Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanners to donate to local school/charity.

Options
  • 13-12-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

We have changed our systems at work form local workstation scanning to network scanning. I have 18 Canon CanoScan N670u and CanoScan Lide30 flatbed scanners to get shot of.

Similiar to these.

These are pretty good quality USB scanners in good condition and are not old/outdated which might be a typical reason for wanting to dispose of computer equipment.

I have left details at Scoil Cholmcille, Letterkenny, but as yet they have not gotten back to me so if anyone is interested or knows of a local school/charity that would make use of these or some of these they are available in Letterkenny for collection.

If I don't get rid of them here I will post them in the free section of Adverts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

shayser wrote:
    Hi Guys,

We have changed our systems at work form local workstation scanning to network scanning. I have 18 Canon CanoScan N670u and CanoScan Lide30 flatbed scanners to get shot of.

Similiar to these.

These are pretty good quality USB scanners in good condition and are not old/outdated which might be a typical reason for wanting to dispose of computer equipment.

I have left details at Scoil Cholmcille, Letterkenny, but as yet they have not gotten back to me so if anyone is interested or knows of a local school/charity that would make use of these or some of these they are available in Letterkenny for collection.

If I don't get rid of them here I will post them in the free section of Adverts.

Nice one shayser,

Can I suggest you consider giving the 'Shaun Doherty Show' on 10.00am-1.00pm on Highland Radio a call : Tel o74 91 25000. I feel sure you could clear the lot ?..:) and Merry Christmas.

He also has a website good luck .

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you can hold till tomorrow afternoon I will check with our local school who may be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Fair play to you for making the offer.

I would have no problem getting 5 or 6 to local LK schools, as I have friends teaching in most of them. If you want me to follow this up, I'll be meeting them tomorrow night & will let you know on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

shayser wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Similiar to these.

Who says the human race is tainted. Very decent of you shayser, may all you glasses be full over the festive season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks Paddy. I'll see how it goes here and will contact Highland then if there is any left.

Olordy, Muffler, take your time. They are sitting in the office for a while now so therre is no panic at this end. Will do it on a first come first served basis.

• Advertisement

I have checked with one of the teachers in St Mary's NS and yes they would be most interested in getting a couple.

I will PM you to arrange details.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

shayser, this is a great offer.

My local school in Porthall would be interested in a couple if there are any left.

PM sent.

shayser, yep, great interest from schools, PM on the way.

Thanks lots

Thanks shayser. Got my lot picked up on Friday and Im sure the local school here in Stranorlar will be delighted with them

shayser

are these all gone or are there any left, please give us an update as alot of ppl are seem to be still keen

• Advertisement

As arranged with shayser, I will be collecting two of them tomorrow.

Hi guys,

The driver disks I'm providing with the scanners have drivers up to Windows 2000 only but they worked for me here on XP machines.

The is an updated driver available here if there is any problems with the one on the CD:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Canon-CanoScan-NU-Download-822.html

Also, if installing from the CD, the driver is in the scangear\english folder.

I think the scanners will all be shouted for this evening but I will post back later with exact details including the list of organisations that they went to.

Hope this is ok...

Thanks to all....

Edit: Also, the scanners have a lock feature that protects the lens during transportation. It is on the base of the scanner. I have enabled this on all the scanners. It must be unlocked before use.

Thanks all for getting involved. Hope they go to good use.

Beneficiaries:

Scoil Mhuire, Letterkenny
    Loreto Convent, Letterkenny
    Ballymacool Respite House, Letterkenny
    Lurgybrack National School, Letterkenny
    St. Mary's NS, Stranorlar
    Stranorlar Vocational School
    Scoil Bhride, Boyagh, Porthall, Lifford

Thanks Shayser, the scanners will be distributed to the schools tomorrow.

Will I give any details on the donor company, or just take all the credit myself? ;)

Thanks again, much appreciated.

My thanks too for the scanners that have gone to St. Mary's NS in Stranorlar earlier today.

I think you will get a little thank you note from them this week

Shayser, once again, you have revived my faith in the human race.

Thread closed

Although the scanners are all gone I am going to open this thread for a few days over Xmas

I collected two yesterday.

Thanks very much shayser.

Advertisement