Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does one play to the mainstream audience?

• 13-12-2006 7:32pm

...friend of mine is a dj and just got a slot in a club in South Kerry. Now he likes rave and techno, but this would empty the club. What they need to hear is something 'middle of the road' ish, but he is not going to insult them with Tiesto or the Vengaboys and all that teenage pap either - good dance songs that might appeal to the 30 year old who remembers good dance chart music. He wants recommendations. I was thinking stuff like

Madonna - Vogue
    808 State - Pacific
    Inner City - Good Life
    Masters at Work - I Can't Get No Sleep
    Kim Symms - Too Blind to See It
    Faithless - God Is a DJ
    FSOL - Papua New Guinea
    Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
    Underworld -Two Months Off
    De Lacy - Hideaway
    Todd Terry - Weekend
    Gat Decor - Passion
    Adeva - Respect Me
    Orbital - Halcyon
    The Ones - Absolutely Flawless
    Model 500 -I Wanna Be There
    The Shamen - Possible Worlds

I know its a bit all over the place, but think they'd be sufficiently well known(bar the last 2 maybe) to keep a middle of the road crowd happy enough. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What does the club normally play? whats the manager said to him?

If the place usually places the latest chart stuff he is better of sticking to that.

What does the club normally play? whats the manager said to him?

Crap. The dj has been even known to play Shakira 'Hips Don't Lie' after Bodyrox 'Yeah Yeah'. Clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

...friend of mine is a dj and just got a slot in a club in South Kerry. Now he likes rave and techno, but this would empty the club. What they need to hear is something 'middle of the road' ish, but he is not going to insult them with Tiesto or the Vengaboys and all that teenage pap either - good dance songs that might appeal to the 30 year old who remembers good dance chart music. He wants recommendations. I was thinking stuff like

Madonna - Vogue
    808 State - Pacific
    Inner City - Good Life
    Masters at Work - I Can't Get No Sleep
    Kim Symms - Too Blind to See It
    Faithless - God Is a DJ
    FSOL - Papua New Guinea
    Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
    Underworld -Two Months Off
    De Lacy - Hideaway
    Todd Terry - Weekend
    Gat Decor - Passion
    Adeva - Respect Me
    Orbital - Halcyon
    The Ones - Absolutely Flawless
    Model 500 -I Wanna Be There
    The Shamen - Possible Worlds

I know its a bit all over the place, but think they'd be sufficiently well known(bar the last 2 maybe) to keep a middle of the road crowd happy enough. Any other suggestions?

South Kerry how about Daniel O Donnell :D (sorry couldn't resist it) the list you've complied is mostly top class some of the best ever dance tunes are in that list although im not sure "normal cheesy pop liking people) would appreciate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Whats the name of the club and in what area, if you don't know then find out - there's a very small number of "clubs" in South Kerry and I know most of them (and the people who DJ them) quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Crap. The dj has been even known to play Shakira 'Hips Don't Lie' after Bodyrox 'Yeah Yeah'. Clueless.

He should stick to that then if he wants to keep djing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

he's a dj not a human jukebox

if he's not playing what he wants to play then he should be playing somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

he's a dj not a human jukebox

if he's not playing what he wants to play then he should be playing somewhere else.

Most djs play what they dont wanna play or like.But the managers and type of club dictate as to what to play.In this case if the "dj" like dance and doesnt wanna play the normal crap he should move on...
    As for tunes for 30 yr olds
    Gala freed from desire
    Culture Beat Mr Vain.
    Haddaway what is love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Nicky Van She and Dangerous Dan - Around the World Again ( http://myspace.com/vanshetech )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

MAybe some Jacques Lu Cont? Good few class tunes that aren't too dance or are remixes of popular songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jonny68 wrote:
    South Kerry how about Daniel O Donnell :D (sorry couldn't resist it)

whah?!

• Advertisement

Thought of a couple more

Cygnus X - The Orange Theme
    Leftfield - Release the Pressure
    Royksopp Remind Me

And to end it all

Sabres of Paradise- Smokebelch II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sideshow187

Frankie Knuckles "your love"
    More kante "yeke yeke"
    underworld "Cowgirl"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 supply72

Any pefecto mix ****...thats as middle of the road as you can get. Paul Okenfold is a d i c k head of a DJ with no talent, he would remix Westlife if they paid him enough.

Advertisement