Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lcd 'flickering' slightly

Options
  • 13-12-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a samgsung lct tv/monitor, and on the tv its fine. Initially on my desktop it was fine with a ti4800 card, I then switched to an ati x700 and I started to notice flickering. I thought it might be that the power supply in the pc was too weak for the newer card and just left it. Now I got a new dell with a 7300le in it, and the monitor is still flickering slightly (kinda like a low hrz crt would) while it looks fine when on the tv. Windows has found drivers for it, and its all working ok othewise, any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Are you running it at the native resolution (and refresh rate) for the monitor?

I've a BenQ LCD monitor at home, and it's rock solid. But one of my kids games resets the monitor settings itself when it's run (puts them back to normal with it shuts down), and the image has a definite shimmering effect, very noticeable around borders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Your using the VGA connection right ?

I have a Samsung TV as well with a HTPC on it and cant say I've noticed any flickering myself and it is running from a 6150 over VGA.

Have you considered replacing the VGA cable or make sure perhaps nothing like power cables or whatever are running next to the VGA cable.

Is it running at the default 60hz refresh rate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh its running the 60hz, there nneeds to be a power cable next to it as it is powerd using a kettle cord, i might try using the dvi output with a vga adapter, thanks, any other ideas are welcome! its still in warranty and if it is the back light i'd want to get moving

You must have a different series as the power cable slot is nowhere near the VGA port on the back of mine.

What model number is it ?

The sure fire may I would test is to get someone else's PC or notebook and a VGA cable and plug it into the TV if the flickering still occurs then I would consider taking it back while it is till under warranty.

Also it shouldn't effect it in the first place but try removing all other cables from the TV bar the power and VGA and see if the flickering persists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hmm ok its wierd, but when I take the scart out, it doenst flicker, but there is slight 'noise' still!

• Advertisement

Hmm well not sure what to make of that interference at that level may indicate something is wrong with the TV perhaps :confused:

How's the power socket situation nothing dodgy going on with the wall sockets maybe try turning off as much gear around the TV and PC as possible & get an extension cord and plug the PC & TV in from another room and see what happens (doesn't hurt to try).

Advertisement