Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

seat Cordoba 1.9

Options
  • 13-12-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all im looking around to buy a Diesel i was looking at a seat Cordoba 1.9 SDI. year 2000
    dose any one know any thing about this car. is it reliable.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

james92 wrote:
    Hi all im looking around to buy a Diesel i was looking at a seat Cordoba 1.9 SDI. year 2000
    dose any one know any thing about this car. is it reliable.

Thanks all.

That engine is really old, it only has about 60/70bhp and no turbo charger. It is comes from the early 1990s Golf. It is pretty reliable but ancient. I would stretch for the Leon/Toledo or Octavia TDi myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

Thanks for geting back to me Bazz26. its just im looking to get in to a cheap diesel. the guy is looking for 1700 euro for it thers 70,000 miles on it and its nct till 08. i have a 1.3 mazda LX year 2000.and its costing me 75 euro aweek to do 400 miles to go to work, so i was hopeing with a diesel i could cut that in half.

Thanks every one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

james92 wrote:
    i have a 1.3 mazda LX year 2000.and its costing me 75 euro aweek to do 400 miles to go to work, so i was hopeing with a diesel i could cut that in half. Thanks every one
    I work that out to be 25.2mpg :eek: (based on petrol at €1.039 a ltr)....
    The SDI should easily manage 50mpg driven correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

james92 wrote:
    Thanks for geting back to me Bazz26. its just im looking to get in to a cheap diesel. the guy is looking for 1700 euro for it thers 70,000 miles on it and its nct till 08. i have a 1.3 mazda LX year 2000.and its costing me 75 euro aweek to do 400 miles to go to work, so i was hopeing with a diesel i could cut that in half.

Thanks every one

Bloody hell, I would get that 323 checked out. I am getting better mpg from my 1.8 Avensis.

€1,700 is a good price for that car. If you don't mind driving an old school diesel and economy rather than speed is more important to you then go for it.

Alternatively, if your happy with the 323 then keep an eye out for the 2.0 TD version. Very rare but also very underrated and prices are quite low for these cars, maybe not €1,700 though.

Thanks avery one for geting back to me. just one more thing i for got to ask it would have power steering wouldt it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

I had 3 cordobas 94, 96 and 98 before moving up to an alhambra. They were a great family car, economical and trouble free and I was doing about 25000 miles per year, would definitely recommend them and they all had power steering.

Hi guys just been told the car has 120.000 miles on it not 70.000. would this still be agood buy how maney miles do you tink this engine will do.

Thanks again every one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DanThe

The engine should do 200,000+ miles if maintained properly, but it will take forever to get there! those SDI's are dog slow. I really can't think of a less enjoyable drive. Totally gutless and bland power delivery.

One more thing, the cordoba is based on the polo platform and so the handling and brakes arn't great and it probably won't have ABS.

An octavia, mk4 golf or leon all in tdi would be far superior cars in my opinion! All will do 50 mpg all day long.

But if you are on a budget it should be reliable transport and give you 50+ mpg on long runs.

1700 does sounds good to me for a 00 with 120,000 miles... Timing belt is due around now??

Sorry to sound so negitave!! it should be a grand yoke, If it is in good shape and you like it, It should be good for the money.
    PS I had a golf with that engine 240,000 and I still see it around!

Advertisement