Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Border Handling Fee

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

My BOI Business Visa card has "Cross Border Handling Fees" of 1.75% on every transaction outside of the jurisdiction, is this a standard thing? I don't seem to remember it being there all the time.

adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No-one?

Anyone got any comments on the best bank for business at the moment? My two free years with BOI is pretty much up and I want to start a new account for a new business anyway. AIB can screw themselves with their €200 up-front for Internet banking, but BoS doesn't have a banking branch in Cork. How about the more non-traditional banks? Is NIB biz-friendly or are they another PTSB?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dahamsta wrote:
    My BOI Business Visa card has "Cross Border Handling Fees" of 1.75% on every transaction outside of the jurisdiction, is this a standard thing? I don't seem to remember it being there all the time.

adam
    This is standard with all credit cards. It should apply to non euro transactions only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Bond-007. Dunno how that passed me by before!

Advertisement