Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What scent do women like

• 13-12-2006 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Im going to purchase some aftershave on the net but im not entirely sure what to buy.I might get something from dunhill but i think i should get some advice before i buy
    Is there any particular aftershave that some of the women here like?
    What should i buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My cousin works in fragrance dept at H of F. She says:

Eugh, no Dunhill is bad! Go for the new Yves Saint Laurent or the blue Zegna, it's amazing! Isseymyake with the silver lid (sp.??) or Armani Code for men.

Jean Paul Gaultier has become really popular, but a bit teen laddish. Hugo Boss or Lacoste for teenager too.

Polo Black
    if your over 40. But not Green! It's rotten

Before buying online go check out some samples. Hope we helped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Lil Kitten wrote:
    My cousin works in fragrance dept at H of F. She says:

Eugh, no Dunhill is bad! Go for the new Yves Saint Laurent or the blue Zegna, it's amazing! Isseymyake with the silver lid (sp.??) or Armani Code for men.

Jean Paul Gaultier has become really popular, but a bit teen laddish. Hugo Boss or Lacoste for teenager too.

Polo Black
    if your over 40. But not Green! It's rotten

Before buying online go check out some samples. Hope we helped :D
    yes that helps!
    i have the Isseymyake and some dunhill but i think i will try a sample bottle of Zegna

Woo Zegna!! mmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Where's the best place to get some samples of those cologne? Those tiny glass bottles with just a little bit in them. Do places give these out willingly or are they just special offer things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Where's the best place to get some samples of those cologne? Those tiny glass bottles with just a little bit in them. Do places give these out willingly or are they just special offer things?

Next time you are buying aftershave ask for some samples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Money and Power
    TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Ultra Violet for men. end of discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

damn, I wear that sometimes. Am almost afraid to get the lowdown on my other ones. :o
    Lil Kitten wrote:

Jean Paul Gaultier has become really popular, but a bit teen laddish.

They give out samples yes, if you ask in the fragrance department... It's hard to get sample bottles of some fragrances esp Zegna. Might just be able to get a tester and spray card....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

LYNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lynx effect really works on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Font22 wrote:
    LYNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Font22 wrote:
    LYNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

girls have commented on lacoste essential,ultraviolet and very valentino that i have worn

basically i think keep away from the spicy ones and you'll be fine.

something fresh or fruity is never bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I wear whatever I like myself. It's nice when the other half likes it, but it doesn't sway me really. It's a bit subjective anyway. Problem is, to get alot of women who agree on one scent, it's usually a fairly middle of the road fragrance. That means loads of people wear it. Like Lacoste Pour Homme, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Cool Water and Armani Black Code. They're all nice enough, but people smell them so often, they stop noticing.
    For the record, I currently use Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, Boss Elements (suprisingly nice considering it's by Hugo Boss) and Paco Rabanne XS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I use Mont Blanc... who I think normally make pens...

But 60% of the time, it works every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

I love the smell of lacoste red and jean paul gaulttier le male on men! Also Davidoff cool water pour homme is quite nice!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Barcode

Hugo by Hugo boss if a guy passed me in the street wearing that it would make me turn around to have a look.
    lacoste essential is really nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

DKNY Be Delicious is yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

fear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

The striped green and black Joop, or the greyish/white CK.

Bottled sex is the best description. The jacks attendants must hate me for my liberal application of the stuff at their expense :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Font22 wrote:
    LYNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same! I'd jump any guy wearing Lynx Africa ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Piste wrote:
    Same! I'd jump any guy wearing Lynx Africa ^_^
    so would i and i would teach him a lesson about wearing lynx..knackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lynx is not an exclusively knacker smell, yes it's nasty if guys are absolutely doused in it, but getting a faint sent of it as a guy passes by is enough to make my heart go all a-flutter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Also Davidoff cool water pour homme is quite nice!:)

Yeah, if you want to smell like 1997:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

A bit of Lynx is nice! oh and that Hugo Boss in the red bottle...... mmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

There is a really good Calvin Cline one, not sure of name but its in a white and orange container. Oh also the Armani aftershave are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I wouldn't normally but i'll lket you in on a nice scent Dune for men by Dior, i have had many comments about my aroma while wearing it
    edit - all good by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

cheerio wrote:
    DKNY Be Delicious is yummy.
    I love this stuff, have to get the red one too as I use the green a lot. I like Isseymyake too but that's quite common these days. The Blue Label by Givenchy is really nice. I must try that Zegna stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement