Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity gifts for Christmas?

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting fed up of all this Christmas madness and thinking of just getting everyone charity gifts - like donkeys, chickens and the like from Concern. My only worry is that people will be pissed off at not actually getting anything tangible, so my question is, would you be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I wouldn't mind something like that. I mean, I have everything I need and then at least I know money spent on me might be put to some use for someone else who needs it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Adopt a shark from sharktrust.org. Or a whale/ seal/ dolphin/ turtle... Or a cheetah. There are only 15,000 left in the world you know?

Also that Oxfam/ Bóthar goat thing is really bad, according to newspaper article. Cos goats eat ant eat and eat. not just grass like picky cows. I mean they eat through hedges, ropes etc. they escape and wander the villages eating newly planted things and then inbreed and cause havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Adopt a shark from sharktrust.org.

ah sweet, I will take that idea thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Woo yea! 100 million are slaughtered every year. And will be extinct in 10 years. Gotta save em! Thanks!!!

Advertisement