Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodhrán Lessons ?? Where??

• 13-12-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you could get Bodhrán lessons in Cork? My Dad has taken a fancy to learning the Bodhrán but the nearest place was Bantry. We're from the city, so if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

try fermoy, there is a really good comhaltas branch there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Find someone to show him the technique, that doesn't have to be a teacher. Then just buy a load of traditional CD's and play along. Thats what my girlfriends ma did.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭digitaldarragh

Sorry, not in Cork, but on the off chance, I'm in Drogheda and can also teach in Dublin. I've been playing the bodhran for years and years but took it up seriously eight years ago. You'll catch one recording on Youtube. I've changed my technique slightly from this video but it will give you a good idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapXIRDcmig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Ciaradursey

im based in Limerick if thats any help?...not far from charleville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 retorcido21

how do i get in touch about details for bodhran lessons?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement