Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grades/points

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

What grades and points do you need to get into the college course you want to do?

For me, I'm planning to go to Belfast (tis the home of pure craic), so I need 3 B's and 3C's all hons! I need a B2 in both physics and music which is like, erm impossible! But hey tis worth a shot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I need 510 points. (TSM in Trinity, Ancient History and Archaeology with History)

There's no subject requirements apart from Trinity matriculation, 4 honours and a language, I'm pretty sure..

There's no subject requirements apart from Trinity matriculation, 4 honours and a language, I'm pretty sure..

If you need to double check (ever, or anyone else reading) just go to http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/courses/index.html (from http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions). It'll show you what's required in subjects etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Need 350 for Arts in UCd(as in last years points), so Id like to get that. Nothing too specific I have to get though which is handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

365, CS in Trinners.. that means all Cs as a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Trying to decide between two course: Genetics in UCC and Media, Music and Performance Technology in UL (two different extremes, I know). For Genetics I need a HC3 in Biology and something like 460 points, for the UL course I need a B3 in pass Maths and 330 points, shouldn't be too bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

535-540, Law in trinity, if i don't get that anything from 490 to 515 for law in UCD or 505 for History and Economics in Trinity, really need so start buckling down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

545 for psych in trinners!:o should probably start studying soon. i think i calculated 2 A1's, 2 A2's and 2 B1's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

CSLF in Trinners. 445. C3 in Hons Maths and a C1 in Hons French. Doable, but I'l need to get workin after Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lagunababe

im only in 5th yr so have plenty time but hoping for 540 bit of a long shot but if i buckle down now hopefully! nutrition in DIT is what im hoping for and its really the only place that has that course . . . . . :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

^dont forget HC3 in chemistry for that course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I really want to do speech and language therapy so its like 530 points but im praying..so hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I need 355 for Computer Science but am capable of getting 600, so I'm gonna aim for that for the larf.

Oh and a HC3 in maths, piece of píss.

This whole "being stressed about the Leaving Cert" thing is so overhyped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Just wondering, why are you only doing your Leaving in 2007 if you did the Junior in 2003? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mushy wrote:
    Need 350 for Arts in UCd(as in last years points), so Id like to get that. Nothing too specific I have to get though which is handy
    That depends on what subject choices you make, for instance some of the english modules have a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    Just wondering, why are you only doing your Leaving in 2007 if you did the Junior in 2003? :confused:

JC = Jimmy Cleary(my name)

2K3 = 2003 = Year I registered that username on another forum.

I did my Junior Cert in 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

JC 2K3 wrote:
    JC = Jimmy Cleary(my name)

2K3 = 2003 = Year I registered that username on another forum.

I did my Junior Cert in 2005.

Makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Going for either Economics and Maths in Trinity or Actuary in UCD, so need 555 ish. Aiming for them all though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

SteveO1 - do human genetics in tcd!!! excellent course so far!!!!

Advertisement