Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks b4 february midbreak?

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey every1 just found out that my mocks are b4 the midterm break in February? is any other school having them b4 midterm too? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Tbh, most people wouldn't use their mid term to actually study, but would spend it thinking "I should really be studying it now". You won't have that dread throughout your midterm, consider yourself lucky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yep, mine are starting february 5th. Just glad I don't have christmas tests! it's actually late for our school, mocks usually start middle/end of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm glad mine are before the midterm 'cause then I can use the midterm to just have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I had mine before the midterm last year, twas much better. Didn't have my week off ruined with studying

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im not sure when mine are. Christmas tests tomorrow though, so if I have to start studying immediately for mocks it wont be good, but neither will studying during the break be either. just take what comes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I had xmas tests and pres just before mid term too, worked out well cos we came back and got prepared for the orals straight away. i'm repeating now though and they're not until april funnily enough! so i'll have a long wait but i probably won't stop studying until i actually finish in june if that's the case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Mine are after the midterm, im fine with it tbh means more time to study for my pre's!!! Plus while all you biatches are doing your mocks, ill be having a good time at my debs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Mine are either side of the Mid Term!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

mine are the end of febuary!!! bring em on.... i dnt study much tbh... dnt feel like i need to either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

mine are like the week before and week after midterm... talk about having a nice midterm.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mine are after the midterm, im fine with it tbh means more time to study for my pre's!!! Plus while all you biatches are doing your mocks, ill be having a good time at my debs!!!!

You just had to rub it in with the whole debs thing, didn't ya! I can't go to it... :(

Back to the point though, I'm doing my pres after the midterm too. The Christmas exams didn't go down as well as expected, so I actually appreciate having that extra time to get ready properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I had mine before it last year, best thing ever cos then you have the mid term to relax. I went to the new york during it.....best mid term ever.....

I still dont know when mine are on. Im sure I'll find out this week. Even though theres less time, I want them before the mid-term. Makes me feel less guilty about all the non-studying Im doing/will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

12-16 February. Feel underprepared. This year is flying by. At least the break will actually be a break for some. The teachers claim we'd take another week off [as well as having a mid-term 'break'] if the mocks were to be after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

The week after midterm. I had an amazing Christmas so hopefully that'll hold me off until summer.
    It's good that I have them after midterm in a way, I'll have the week to study if I can get myself down to it...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Mine are in March!!!!! Just before Paddys day.

Mine are the two weeks after mid-term. Good in one way, bad in another. Im actually studying more now, so I suppose at least I'll have that bit more done now before the mocks, even though I dont care as much for them. Plus mid-term now takes a more significant role, as I can get plenty done that week which will be great in the long run. Im actually not cursing the fact that I have to study by now, think my attitude is kinda improving. Sure what with only 21 weeks left till its over, I might aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Weve got our Mocks 26th of Feb, Dont mind studying on the mid-term week!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Mine are the two weeks before mid-term. woz pissed off at first cuz theres no way il hav everything dun but kinda glad now. i really need the mid-term to do my history project and practice for my orals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Jay112 wrote:
    Weve got our Mocks 26th of Feb, Dont mind studying on the mid-term week!:)
    see if your still saying that during the mid term

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Mine start on feb. 1st so before the mocks. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mine start on February 6th.:eek: Oh dear jebus!! I can feel 200 points coming up:eek: :o

Gona start with 2 hours study tonight! Wish me luck:D

Maths Paper 1 will be todays topic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Our timetable's brutal. The first day is Feb 6th as well- with English Paper 2, followed by History! That's 6 essays! Cue hand cramping/underperforming in history..:mad:

They put Maths Paper 2 on the VERY last day as well. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A few months a go I thought that the pre's would give me a good idea about what level I'm at. Now I'm thinking they're way too early. We are only finished our course in 3 subjects and I've only devised my study plan for Biology and Maths (my two weak subjects) within the last few days! These exams aren't going to be pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mine are on the 8th-16th.

Advertisement