Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Floyd

Options
  • 14-12-2006 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Anyone know where I can get that dance/club version of Pink Floyd's "Teacher leave those kids alone". It absolutely rocks. 2fm played in the other day and i just have to get it! Help appreciated....

Rate Pink Floyd 10 votes

Happening
    0% 0 votes
    Not Happening
    70% 7 votes
    Gone with the wind
    20% 2 votes
    Who?
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Moving to the music forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Beta Bill wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get that dance/club version of Pink Floyd's "Teacher leave those kids alone". It absolutely rocks. 2fm played in the other day and i just have to get it! Help appreciated....

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53221&page=42

See the way I already answered your question yesterday (and you were talking about the track I thought). Try checking back for replies before you post the same thing somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Beta Bill wrote:
    Wtf?? Dance/club version? As if Scissor Sisters' version of Comfortably Numb was bad enough someone has to go and make a dance version of another song. My advice is listen to the original:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Video at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTL_QSCpZGs. Meh. It's not a terrible mix but I don't think it does justice to the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wtf?? Dance/club version? As if Scissor Sisters' version of Comfortably Numb was bad enough someone has to go and make a dance version of another song. My advice is listen to the original:mad:

Well the remaining members of PF gave it their blessing after they heard it and allowed for a full release (it was bootleg up till that point)
    I'm a floyd fan in passing and I think it does it justice....people who turn their nose up at any sort of electronic music might have a problem with it.

For the record, Comfortably numb (which I also liked) was a cover....this version is a remix; the only one PF have ever allowed AFAIK...

[edit] Come the NY I'll be sick hearing this but for now the bassline is still worth reaching for the volume knob for...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beta Bill

Sorry KOLODNY, did not see post on other thread but thanks. Yes you're right re track in question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's no worse of a hatchet job than what Eric Prydz did to the old Steve Winwood song (taking one line out of Valerie and repeating it over and over again). When I heard about the remix, I had visions of it being the "We don't need no education" line being repeated over and over again. I'd love to hear somebody do something good with other Pink Floyd songs, maybe ones that aren't so well known (but no less good for that...I never really rated Another Brick)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

allie_e17 wrote:
    It's no worse of a hatchet job than what Eric Prydz did to the old Steve Winwood song (taking one line out of Valerie and repeating it over and over again). When I heard about the remix, I had visions of it being the "We don't need no education" line being repeated over and over again. I'd love to hear somebody do something good with other Pink Floyd songs, maybe ones that aren't so well known (but no less good for that...I never really rated Another Brick)
    get 'dub side of the moon' by the easy star all-stars. it's an absolute incredible take on dark side of the moon, and i've never read a bad review of it, almost every person i've played it to loves it, even real big pink floyd heads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Awful awful awful! And I don't like the stupid video either. Listen to the original and forget this garbage!

HAVE ANY OF YE HEARD PINK FLOYD REDUX!!..an album of covers by, well theres three or four chicks singing on it..its quality..some ok, some unbelievable..Track it down..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fuct

Beta Bill wrote:

I know where you can get a rope, and ill show you how to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Beta Bill wrote:
    "Teacher leave those kids alone"

for shame :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its ****!! ****!!! And the preachy video is even ****ter! Its trash like this we never need seen again. I would rate it up there with ****ing Maniac 2000 in terms of absolute godawfulness and also WhyCantYouJust****Offness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Awful remix. Spectacularly bad video.

I also heartily recommend Dub Side of the Moon. Have a listen to a few of the tracks here:
    http://www.easystar.com/dubsidemain.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

I cannot understand how some 'artists' are unable to write thier own music nowadays and destroy masterpieces...............no way am I biased;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Benny-c wrote:
    I cannot understand how some 'artists' are unable to write thier own music nowadays and destroy masterpieces...............no way am I biased;)

Eric Prydz is actually a pretty prolific producer and is classically trained. He's had countless other tunes, which dont sample 80's music, and are a whole lot better than "Call On Me". Proper Education was good when I first heard it, last summer in ibiza. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Spogpean wrote:
    Eric Prydz is actually a pretty prolific producer and is classically trained

got absolutely nothing to do with horrific remixes

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mossy Monk wrote:
    got absolutely nothing to do with horrific remixes

Yes it does. I was only stating that Prydz does in fact write most of his own music. The poster above me was implying that he was unable to write his own music, when he most certainly can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

does anyone else understand the poll?

Advertisement