Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Turning Point

• 14-12-2006 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I finally finished watchin this, in between exams, and it definitely deserves a thread. Easily one of the better ppvs of the year, I really enjoyed this

The crowd didn't seem too into it at stages, which was a bit strange. I noticed that durin the first match, the PCS elimination match, which was great. Starr is doing really well, I thought this gimmick was stupid at first, but it's better than how he portrayed on tv before he was suspended

While the bikini contest wasn't great, it was better than the regular things you get in WWE. Nice to see Borash back with Eric, it's the only time I can stand him (Borash that is). Bit disappointed with Bobby Roode though, he had some great matches early in the year, it's like he's just fizzled out now

Sabin and Daniels had a great match, I liked that Lynn didn't screw anyone over, as it would have been too obvious. Also, the prospect of a Lynn/Daniels match is more exciting than one with Sabin

I didn't care much for the baseball lads in the ring, sounded like the crowd didn't either. Although it did make a bit of a difference to have a bit of a brawl..until Lance Hoyt came out. I think they're goin to start shovin him down the fans throats, and I don't know what it is about him, but personally I just don't like the guy

AJ vs Rhino is what I was looking forward to the most, and it was ****in good! I got really into it, it was a deadly match. Rhino is really on the ball right now, he's doin so well at everything. My immediate reaction to AJ's injury was that it was a work, as the commentators said you could see his knee bending backwards when you couldn't actually see anything on the monitors. Then they said that they saw it right in front of them, so it put doubt into my mind. I have to admit it though, AJ had me. Maybe if it was anyone else I wouldn't have fallen for it, but the fact that it was the worst actor in the company who was sellin it so well made me believe it! I didn't mind the ending as we're obviously going to see more of them together, which is definitely a good thing

The flag match was another brilliant match. I thought that the stipulation of it might harm it, but it worked out great. Hernandez flyin over the rope was somethin to see. I don't know how they managed the end of the match, as it came off lookin very serious with the glass everywhere. I was very surprised that LAX won, but it was cool. I think Homicide would've preferred to get his head cleaned up rather than stay there for the anthem! Anyway, isn't he Puerto Rican?

I just noticed a thread for the VKM, so I'll stick up my thoughts there

The title match was probably the worst of the night. I liked seeing Tomko kick Abyss in the face, pity it didn't go great when he tried it in the ring though. Ending came across a bit sloppy. I think the thumbtacks are being a bit overused. Thankfully it didn't end the show

Joe and Angle had a much better match this time, although I think the first half of it was better than the second half. Either way, it was great to watch, and nice to see Joe get the win. They probably will have a rematch, but hopefully not soon. I'd like to see what Kurt can do with some other guys

All in all an excellent ppv. Even if it was awful it couldn't have been as bad as last weeks debacle, but fortunately it was really really good. Lookin forward to what's to come

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joe v Angle II was way better than the first one. I was surprised that Joe got the clean win but it sets up a third match very well.

I also hope they hold off on the third match.

I agree on Styles/Rhino too. Very good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I agree, an excellent PPV overall, and one of the better ones by either company all year. The PCS thing was great and got more time than I thought it would. I really love the whole Nash, Shelley, Starr "love triangle"! Sabin and Daniels was great as expected, and I'm also glad Lynn didnt get involved in the result.
    AJ and Rhyno was a good old brawl, and that clever ending sets up a feud that should last a while. The flag match was great too, but I cant see why it wasnt for the titles. LAX continue to be the best thing in wrestling at the moment.
    The title match was as good as it could have been I guess, apart from the botched finish. Good to see Abyss going over Sting clean.
    Joe Angle II was a big improvement on the last match. It could have done without the ref bump cos ultimately it didnt effect the finish at all. I would have preferred to see Joe pin Angle with the Mustlebuster, but I suppose beggars cant be choosers!
    IMO there was no need for the bikini contest, the baseballers or the VKM nonsense, but apart from that, its my PPV of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I thought there was some great wrestling. Pitty about the crappy booking but a thumbs up show overall.

Joe v Angle 3 is apparently next month. I love watching them wrestling but there doing this feud way to quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Double C wrote:
    The flag match was great too, but I cant see why it wasnt for the titles.

If it was for the titles, I think I would have assumed that LAX would retain them. But the fact that it wasn't, there was no way I saw AMW losing a flag match. So it was probably just to throw the fans off a bit, I liked it better for it

I'd just much rather see Angle work with someone else at this stage. How long has it been since he was in a feud before Joe? I can't actually remember who it was against at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I just finished watching the ppv last night and overall I agree with those of you that said that it was a solid ppv....
    My favourite match probably isnt a surprise because it was Angle vs Joe II.I agree with fozzy that I would love to see these two go at it again but not too soon...
    I thought that the heavweight title match was a bit short but it was a good match.I didnt expect LAX to win the flag match so that was a bit of a surprise when they played the mexican anthem over the american one which is generally never the case.Also looks like AMW are going to begin going their separate ways soon.
    However two things that I didnt like were VKM and TNA mocking vince,hhh,shawn michaels etc and issuing a challenge that we know vince will NEVER accept...only because it wont make him any money and therefore is a total waste of time.I think that TNA should stop going down this road and should try and compete with Vince's WWE with wrestling and not making it personal.Also I didnt like the bikini contest....it was a waste of time and could have been left out entirely and it would have made the ppv bertter.
    Anyway im already looking forward to TNA's next ppv...I wish that I could say the same for Armaggedon lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement