Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring through AIB...

Options
  • 14-12-2006 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

Im needing to transfer 950Euro to my fiances account in the U.S. My bank is AIB. Any advice or previous experience with AIB with wiring???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I normally just send over an international bank draft for US Dollars in the post when I used to do that sort of thing because there was a fee for sending but there was also a fee for my bank in the US to receive the money. That might not be the case with your bank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Ruu wrote:
    I normally just send over an international bank draft for US Dollars in the post when I used to do that sort of thing because there was a fee for sending but there was also a fee for my bank in the US to receive the money. That might not be the case with your bank though.

Ruu to my rescue again! :D Cool, Ill call into them tomorrow and see what they gotta say. Ive never wired before so am a bit unsure of procedure etc. First time for everything I suppose. :)

Aye, give them a call anyway. It might be different to transfer abroad with AIB as I'm with BOI. I tried Western Union before but that was just too expensive. I just get the draft, there is a commission charge and then just post it to your address in the US. Buying dollars at the right time with the exchange rate being pretty tasty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yep, my sis used to deal with Western Union transfers and she was telling me they charge through the roof...:eek: Im headin back Stateside in Feb and I cant believe how weak the dollar is!!!

It was $1.36 for a euro at one stage last year I think, good times. :) G'luck anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement