Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I asking too much?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi,

I am living with the parents at the moment. I am looking for a double room/apartment (money does not matter much to be honest) where I can also get sky (because it has channels such as eurosport that ntl does not have) and broadband. I am amazed at the replies who say that they don't have one or both of the above but visit us anyway. Am I stupid or are people taking the piss or is it that hard to have broadband and sky in the same house? :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 hanorac

I'm in the uk so it might be different here but ..... a lot of apts won't let you put up a sky dish therefore ntl is the only option.
    I guess these people you ring don;t understand your NEED for sky as most people aren't really bothered which they get.
    Broadband on the other hand is easy to get, can't you ask them if its possible to get it in, you may end up having to pay for it all yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Im surprised other places dont have it, i have sky, 4 meg up & down broadband and sky HD on order...

New house near clarehall, there should be a lot more people out there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I have NTL cable, a sky dish (only using it for freeview at present) and 5Mb BB. I don't think what you are asking is unusual- in the modern world its pretty normal. Great fun flicking through the satellite late at night :)

Perhaps you should be more emphatic in your ad that you are strictly only interested in accommodation that offers those facilities that you are interested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I have sky + broadband - I had no idea that made me rock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm the lease holder on my house, and I have sky in my room and 2mb broadband set to open wireless. I didn't even think to advertise these things when renting out a room recently.. crap. :( Might have got a better response!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I have neither!
    I don't have sky cos no-one in the house watches enough tv to warrant it.

We don't have broadband because we all have full internet access in work so we don't need it at home. I would have no problem with someone who moved in getting broadband as long as they paid for it themselves so maybe thats an option when you are looking...just ask if there would be an issue if you got broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

janullrich wrote:
    I am looking for a double room/apartment (money does not matter much to be honest) where I can also get sky (because it has channels such as eurosport that ntl does not have) and broadband. I am amazed at the replies who say that they don't have one or both of the above but visit us anyway. Am I stupid or are people taking the piss or is it that hard to have broadband and sky in the same house? :mad:
    If you are looking for somewhere, why are people visiting you? :confused:

If you are looking for sepcific requirements, ask them before you meet them if they comply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No appartment complex in ireland will let you get a satelite dish to the best of my knowledge. Its rendering competition near impossible. I would also question the justification for it being allowed. Does anyone know if NTL have to pay builders to put cable in an estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

why don't you move into a place that has one or the other and then get the one you're without. I have broadband but I don't have sky because I don't need it however if someone was to move in and they wanted to pay for it then I wouldn't stop them!

Advertisement