Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hahahahahahahaha

• 14-12-2006 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA www.silateurope.com

seriously can someone please explain what on earth this is????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Looks like two guys practicing their martial arts skills...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BLUNT

I'm a Silat man myself,teach a few people in Belfast/Galway and I havent seen this method of movement before? but what about we open it up. ( sorry my names "J" Jason O Ceallaigh ) I would and have done for year's,like to have a semiar for all the south,east,asian art's and invite every one.The money could go to a good cause.My teacher and a group of us look after a few orphanages in Thailand and Indonesia ( www.ourorphans.com ) this is where I'ed like the money to go too,please have a read for your selves.

Back to This art of Silat alway's been laughed at,I really cant stand it any more.So if the rest of the Silat people in Ireland,the Thai art's like my friend Franlie Mc Conville and all the Phillie skool's please get there thumb's out and put on an open semiar.As what we all do is a living tradition and I want to show pure Silat.So please step up and let's get this show on the road my number's 07789465700 call me any time,I'm ready to get this go'en.(In peace of course) I live in london as I spend all my time learning form my Teacher's but go home monthly to see family and friend's...........All the best J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

I've been to a couple of Liam's seminars and the material covered is excellent and very practical. I have seen some of the senior people practice this sort of movement after seminars among themselves and, as far as I know, it relates to the "animal mannerisms" taught later in the system.

Can't say that this sort of thing appeals to me but it appears to be an inherent part of Cimande and I guess it works for those who practice it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

That's hilarious. It's like some sort of insane jungle music video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Suddenly I in the TKD fraternity don't feel like the kid in class that is picked on any more!! LOL
    Really though that is crazy looking but a good workout I'm sure!
    Each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

It reminds me of that guy Keith out of the Prodigy around 15 years ago!:D Like you said though, each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

how you keeping there?

I was thinking that you can have the place that I train, some day during my thai training times if you want it... I dont think it would be a problem....

We are just on the outskirts of dublin, literally 20 mins drive from town...

The offers there any time you want it, I was thinking the 17th feb might be a good day as there a fight night on that night so loads of lads from belfast galway cork etc will be up for it... but its up to you

Seraph is definitley invited:)

have a think see if you can round up a few of the posters on this thread and we'll make a go of it.....

I think a few of them might be presently suprised when they see you in action :)

hope your well mate

paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

BLUNT wrote:
    I'm a Silat man myself,teach a few people in Belfast/Galway and I havent seen this method of movement before?

I want to show pure Silat.

Hi Jason

Can you please explain to me what Pure Silat is???? Are you still not training with Stephen Benitez?? The reason I'm asking that is, because there are a number of his ex students are training with us now in London, and they all recognize this form of movement, So how can't you? maybe they were higher up the system than yourself I'm not sure?
    Jason we were also were asked to do a demo for the Indonesian Community in Ireland in front of the Indonesian Ambassador and his committee in 2005, and were told by the Ambassador and by the attendee that its was one of the most beautiful displays of Silat. Some of the Indonesian themselves told of us remembering the moves been taught to them as children by their fathers and uncles. I have this on file so you more than welcome to pop along some night and we can watch it and see the responses from the audience. Maybe these people didnt know what pure Silat is either??? Might explain why we been asked on many occassion since to represent Indonesian Culture at events.
    Anyway to help you I believe there is a Cimande class on thursday night in Eastwest studio.

On a second note in May 2005 your teacher phone myself and my teacher in Dublin wanting to hook up, to work together to develop Silat in Uk and Ireland together, so it must have been pure enough then. Just to help you anyway the movement you see is a form of playing that we do, to help development of the skills we learning, its a tool. It's more flowing then maybe the Silat you do, but this is taken from the Mas Djut aspects and concepts. By calling it not pure you are insulting the elders of the villages where the art came from. Is that your attention?

Jason how did the Silat event you and stephen were organising in Ireland at the hare krishna island weekend retreat go? I saw it advertised but didnt hear any reports about it. Did it happen?

Seraph wrote:
    www.silateurope.com

Hi Seraph

This is a short video clip, of just one type of movement (playing)that is develop in our style of Cimande Silat. There are many different styles of Silat, and so students who have an interest in Silat or come from other styles of Silat can see what way the movements of this style move like.

Silat is an art form that is very different, the students who do it, love doing it. Its not everyone cup of tea. At times it can look like Martial Arts, other times Yoga and than others times Dance. It all depends on what aspects the teacher want to teach. Its fun, enjoyable and everyone has a good time.

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

Jason we were also were asked to do a demo for the Indonesian Community in Ireland in front of the Indonesian Ambassador and his committee in 2005, and were told by the Ambassador and by the attendee that its was one of the most beautiful displays of Silat

I was there - Clontarf Castle wasn't it? It did look good but more like an art form - although that's probably what you intended for the night that was in it

Isn't there another indonesian martial art based on animal movements or is that Silat too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Am I the only person who finds it somewhat ironic that the person who made a post laughing at an art has the sig he does?

DAVE_K wrote:
    I was there - Clontarf Castle wasn't it? It did look good but more like an art form - although that's probably what you intended for the night that was in it

Isn't there another indonesian martial art based on animal movements or is that Silat too?

Hi Dave

Yes you are correct, what you saw was more the art form for the demo, more to do what the traditional side. Silat is the general brand name given to the Indonesian / Malay fighting arts. But they vary alot. Its more a way of life (life style) than a sport you do once a week.

The animal movements are the bases for most of the Silat styles. In our style of Cimande there are 4. Crane / Monkey / Snake / Tiger some styles of silat have only one some have maybe 8 or more. In Cimande the animal is really linked to range of Combat for eg to us the Snake is the close range knife fighting aspects and the Tiger would be Groundfighting / grappling. In cimande the mannerism of the animal is more important than the actual techniques, we try to understand how the animal uses its body in Combat and take thoes attributes and blend then with the human form. It's very different from the mainstream martial arts, but I have found great enjoyment doing it. It's ideals and concepts are very unique and have alot to offer students, and the great thing no matter what age, level of health its great fun. Its very hard to look in on silat and try to work out what really going on. But there loads of classes now on along with workshops and people can always can join in and have a go.

Anyone who interested can private mail me with any questions.

Liam

Let's not get into my daddy,is bigger than your's please.Yes I still train,with Steven and was actualy backen you up ??? So dont know where your really comen from??? As to pure silat,the name speak's for it's self.If you want to join in,please do.We have plenty of Thai,Phillie teacher's plus student's who would like to see Silat ( or what ever you want to call it,at the end of the day "it's only a name") the ole name was Silek " to defend one's self" nothing is pure,there aint nothing new under under the Sun,it's all deen done before.
    Paddy about ye,I'm great really am.Thank's for the positive feed back,as I'm not here to **** stir,or say my Da's better than your's...........just simply are you,any of you from ole battlefield background art's ready to stand up and be counted ??? Let's get at date,time that suit's every one and this thingon! like donkey kong.I'm not here to say anything else but that and to do it for those who have nothing.....................why not.............Paddy give me a call 07789465700 any one give me a call ??? or get a hold of my on pawo_1@yahoo.com and please leave every thing else outside the door..........Respect's to one and all.

Hi Jason

No prob, it's cool, I just wasnt sure what you meant by "Pure Silat" in your opening views. I'm more than happy to help out in any event that helps promote south east asians arts. All the best.

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Roper wrote:
    It reminds me of that guy Keith out of the Prodigy around 15 years ago!:D Like you said though, each to their own.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

Seraph wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA www.silateurope.com

Hi Seraph,

What martial art do you train in and where do you train?

Regards,

Michael O'Leary
    www.iewto.org

O.K then it look's like...thing's are starten to move in the right direction.As there will be a couple differnt flavor's of Cimande on show ( Silat ) and differnt flavour's of Phillie art's too.Paddy C's up for it.........( by the way Paddy,my friend's of to study with a Arajan who had fought the Japanese in the 2nd the world War,and has had fight's with Burma,real ole skool guy and at the moment I'm into an ole Thai system that actualy moved home form Siam to Indonesia a long time ago ??? So one day i'll have to show you it,hopefully Frankie's go'en do a wee bit ??? )I'm sure Frankie will be up for it,as I'm home ( Belfast to day ) to teach ,like I've done for the last five year's a small group of friend's differnt flavour's of Silat and Liam's up for it too...............So to do this right,I'll get my friend's in TV and fillm to come down and the paper's 'n' martial art's mag's but if we had the idea of March/April time it could be done 100% as it's for a good cause I don't want to "ball's" thing's about.................J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Crazy Leopard

Seraph??? :eek::eek:

Why always people like you cause everyone problems?:D

Go play
    Spiderman with kids at Park since you know nothing about Silat.:D

Just YELL, "Spiderman." Then JUMP OFF BIGGEST BUILDING IN CITY and make sure its at least 10 stories high.:rolleyes:

BE sure to land HEAD 1st, OK???:P

Happy smashing heads with cement, Seraph.:D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ahah ah aha hah aha hh ha ha hah aha hah ah aha hahah ahaha ha aah ahh:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

Seraph??? :eek::eek:

Why always people like you cause everyone problems?:D

Go play
    Spiderman with kids at Park since you know nothing about Silat.:D

Just YELL, "Spiderman." Then JUMP OFF BIGGEST BUILDING IN CITY and make sure its at least 10 stories high.:rolleyes:

BE sure to land HEAD 1st, OK???:P

Happy smashing heads with cement, Seraph.:D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ahah ah aha hah aha hh ha ha hah aha hah ah aha hahah ahaha ha aah ahh:p

Eh, this thread is actually 4 years old, you may want to check the date of the last post before reviving threads. You can find it at the top left of every post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Dear Crazy Leopard. Welcome to the internet. There are about 20 things wrong with your post. Dragged up ancient thread. Caps. All in bold. Abusing poster. etc. etc. etc.

Locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Khannie wrote: »
    Dear Crazy Leopard. Welcome to the internet. There are about 20 things wrong with your post. Dragged up ancient thread. Caps. All in bold. Abusing poster. etc. etc. etc.

Locked.

Should I bother with a muppet check :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement