Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 2 politicians (Irish or otherwise) would you like to see debate?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

For me, Michael McDowell and George Galloway. I think that would be a pleasure to watch :) They both have such flowery language when it comes to insulting someone, lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams in a sort of Celebrity Death Match style debate, except no one survives.

Joe Higgins and Pat Rabbitte.

A good left wing versus 'right wing wearing the cloak of left wing' debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Bush v Bertie, can you imagine that, it would be comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Bertie and Kenny ftw. Seriously though it would (hopefully) show who is the best suited to be taoiseach...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

while he's not a politician I'd love to see Michael O'Leary sit down with each minister in turn and basically point out how much money he could save from being flushed down the toilet if he was the minister.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

When I seen the thread title I straight away thought of georgous george v's mick mc Dowell but I see dave beat me to it.
    Joe Higgins and mc Dowell would be a good oul debate. Id happily watch a feature lenght 4 hour debate between those two.

Michael O'Leary...if he was the minister.

From being God down to a mere Minister...he'd never put up with that demotion...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams in a sort of Celebrity Death Match style debate, except no one survives.

That would be a good one, alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hey, I'd just like them to get on with the debate - and government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Joe Higgins and George W - bit of a onesided contest though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Blair v Ahmadinejad would be priceless (Bush is too much of a tard for a decent debate to be had).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bush versus richard dawkins (I know he's not a politician, but it would be hilarious to watch)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not politicians, but politically observant ....

Hicks vs. O'Reilly

Jebus that'd be a thing of beauty to watch.

But settling for people who are both alive and actual politicians ...

for sheer entertainment: Higgins vs. McDowell
    for something more serious:

Higgins vs. Blair would be interesting. Both highly articulate although I suspect Blair has lost his passion.

Or if we could mix and match, Chomsky vs. Rummesfeld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Martin Cullen...and Jermey Paxman in full-on rottweiler mode

lol, I can see it now: "answer the question minister. answer the question minister. answer the question minister....."

actually scrub that - I'd prefer to see Bertie explain his personal financial situation to Paxman and see whose head explodes first

Chomsky vs Cheney..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Adams and McDowell, Adams's would probably have him spitting flames within minutes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

Bertie Ahern and Boris Johnson

Just for the sheer unadulterated incoherance of it.:rolleyes:

Putin and Bush

They act all chummy but i think there is a lot of "emotion" simmering under the surface.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Hell, I'll pay money to see a politician ever actually debate, instead of disregard whatever the question was, and reply with a canned answer of his oen.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I'd love to see Blair and Clinton really go at it over some issue that they both really care about. there both so skill in getting the people to see things there way that it would be a real thing of beauty.
    It has been said that they also had some really brutal arguments over the phone when Clinton was in power and on one occaision Bill actualy bluntly told tony who was the senior partner in the special relationship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Victor wrote:
    Hey, I'd just like them to get on with the debate - and government.

here here be interesting for once to see i paisley and adams and co know anything about education, social welfare,trade, finance etc policies. never heard either speak anything remotely like that ever.prob wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ehud Olmert :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jakkass wrote:
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ehud Olmert :)
    Oooh that'd be intense!

Advertisement