Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wireless Rear Surround Speakers

• 14-12-2006 9:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

MODS: Can you leave this thread here as there is very very little traffic in the Audio section and I haven't gotten any responses since you moved it last time. Thanks.

I want to turn my rear speakers into wireless speakers. My current set up is an Onkyo receiver with Onkyo speakers, 3 front, 1 sub and 2 rear.

However it's not really practical for me to wire the rear speakers at the moment and wanted to hook them up wirelessly to the receiver.

I've come across this which may help me.

Would this result in much of a reduction in sound quality?? Would there be a time delay between the front and rear speakers?? I can adjust the distance on the receiver anyway maybe to overcome this.

Any help would be appreciated, as well as where I can get the product above as it seems they don't ship to Ireland!!

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

So nobody has ever come across anything to help me out here?? Is that what you are telling me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It's generally thought to be a 'bad idea' hence the lack of replies.

To make sound the rears need power. If you want battery driven rears then fair enough, but if you can get power to your rears you can get speaker cable to them.

if you really really can't get wire to your rear speakers then consider dropping your current gear and getting a 3.1 setup that does 'virtual' rear speakers. These aren't quite as good as real rears but should be better than a wireless and battery powered hack.

I don't want to derail this thread but I agree about the audio section thing. This isn't avforums.com and why need all these subforums is beyond me.

Advertisement