Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair

Options
  • 14-12-2006 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

I snapped my rear gear cable this morning coming in.

Can anyone recommend a good repair shop anywhere between Ballsbridge, City center to Crumlin area??

I am looking to get some new tyres.

anyone recommend a good 27inch tyre with good punture protection??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Given your route I think I would suggest Commuting Solutions in Rathmines. (108 Lwr. Rathmines Road Rathmines Dublin 6, 01.4965314.) They also open quite late, I think until 7pm although it may even be 8pm. Alternatively, if you are passing through Ranelagh before 4.30pm or so I would suggest the bike shop there near the Luas station: if you can get there during his opening hours (closes at 5pm) he will fix on the spot.

For tyres, definately Specialized Armadillos, I went three years without a puncture on these. Around €30-33 each depending on tyre width. I presume by 27 inches you mean 700c (e.g. standard road/hybrid wheel?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Trampas

blorg wrote:
    Given your route I think I would suggest Commuting Solutions in Rathmines. (108 Lwr. Rathmines Road Rathmines Dublin 6, 01.4965314.) They also open quite late, I think until 7pm although it may even be 8pm. Alternatively, if you are passing through Ranelagh before 4.30pm or so I would suggest the bike shop there near the Luas station: if you can get there during his opening hours (closes at 5pm) he will fix on the spot.

For tyres, definately Specialized Armadillos, I went three years without a puncture on these. Around €30-33 each depending on tyre width. I presume by 27 inches you mean 700c (e.g. standard road/hybrid wheel?)

Thanks for that.

Yes the 700c.

What brand of Armadillos would you suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Trampas wrote:
    What brand of Armadillos would you suggest
    Specialized is the brand, Armadillos the feature.
    Wiggle.co.uk stocks them e.g. Specialized Infinity Armadillo (700x32) or Specialized Nimbus Armadillo (700x28).

Continental (brand) also have the 'Contact' models with good puncture protection. The "Sport Contact" model comes in 700x28 size.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Besides Wiggle/online, I know that Hollingsworth in Kilmacud (possibly also Hollingsworth Templeogue which might be convenient for you) and Cycleways on Parnell St stock Armadillo tyres. Beyond that I imagine most shops could order them in. I considered Wiggle for this myself but this is one of the rare products that seems to be around the same price in a LBS here in Dublin.

Advertisement