Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stick it?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently in the process of saving for a house. I have saved 22k in a year. However, i am not receiving any interest on this. When i set up the account i assumed that it would as i told the bank (aib) that i would not be touching it for a least 18 months. I may be being cynical but i am going with the line that they didnt advise me on interest accounts so that they could get it? In any way, where should i put my savings and what savings account should i look for considering that i will be moving for a house after june/july when the slump arrives!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

no one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Have you looked at http://www.rabodirect.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

northern rock are paying 4% at the mo. Read on a different website that it will increse to 4.15% in the new year, but thats not from an official source.

I opened a savings account for my fromer credit union savings and the process was prtty hasle free. So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Have a look at askaboutmoney.com and see some advice there.

You could set up some regular savings account with bank of scotland, boi etc., which are now paying 6+% for regular savings (all sorts of provisos attached, you'll have to read up on it). You could dripfeed your savings in, and/or open multiple new accounts with the various banks and their offerings.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=20747

Very good breakdown

Advertisement