Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FIAT Sedici

Options
  • 14-12-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anybody know anything about Fiat's new 4x4 offering the Sedici?
    I'd be interested in the 1.9 model.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

What I could tell you is that it is basically just a re-badged and more expensive Suzuki.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thats a start. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Max_Damage wrote:
    What I could tell you is that it is basically just a re-badged and more expensive Suzuki.

And I can tell you the Suzuki uses the FIAT engine, and AFAIK FIAT developed the majority of the rest of the two vehicles shared components/technology.

So, if you want a TRUE and ACCURATE description; the Suzuki is a rebadged FIAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

... and both are being built at the Suzuki plant in Hungary.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Its a joint venture between Suzuki and Fiat. Suzuki did most of the design and engineering work and Fiat provided the 1.9 multijet diesel engine.
    With the Fiat you get a choice of 1.6 vvti petrol or 1.9 diesel.
    In Ireland the Suzuki comes with a 1.5 petrol and is a fair bit cheaper than the Fiat.
    Both cars are built on the same assembly line in Hungary.
    (No doubt you will still get gobdaws spouting out the FixItAgainTomorrow line about the Fiat.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

yellow012 wrote:
    Its a joint venture between Suzuki and Fiat. Suzuki did most of the design and engineering work and Fiat provided the 1.9 multijet diesel engine.
    With the Fiat you get a choice of 1.6 vvti petrol or 1.9 diesel.
    In Ireland the Suzuki comes with a 1.5 petrol and is a fair bit cheaper than the Fiat.
    Both cars are built on the same assembly line in Hungary.
    (No doubt you will still get gobdaws spouting out the FixItAgainTomorrow line about the Fiat.)

I happen to own a fiat so i've heard plently of that!
    I like the aul fiats tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Gillie wrote:
    I happen to own a fiat so i've heard plently of that!
    I like the aul fiats tbh!
    Owned a couple of them myself so have a soft spot for them as well. According to Carzone the Fiat 1.9 multijet model is €26400, the Suzuki SX4 1.5 starts off at €17.5k. As much as I like Fiats I would definately look at and test drive the Suzuki version first. Big difference in price for whats essentially the same car with a different engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

i drove the sedici thursday and i was very impressed. the 1.9 multi engine is a rocket. If your looking between the two dont forget to have a look at the emmissions from the different engines. with the new tax system that will be in place soon emmissions can be very important

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

The main difference is that the Suzuki is 2WD only, the Fiat has 4WD.

Drove the 1.9 diesel Sedici briefly a few weeks back, seemed well put together and handled well, but too short a drive to form a definite opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Suzuki do a 4WD as well (after all it's their technology) ...whether or not you can actually get it in IRL, I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

saw one of the sedici's in the car park in Liffey Valley earlier. Looks good as most Fiats do, but the boot looks tiny

Advertisement