Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband ISSUES!

Options
  • 14-12-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hey,

My utv broadband keeps dropping connection (online for a couple of seconds then off again) since last night and again this morning.

Is anybody else having problems, im in the dublin 15 area!

The guy from sky digital was in yesterday fitting multiroom viewing and he had to connect phone cables to the boxes so i think he may have started messing with dsl filters, would this cause the problem? Anybody know where i can get dsl filters around the area?

Thanks!

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Disconnect all the Sky boxes from the phoneline and put things back the way they were, to check. Sky boxes can interfere with BB if not setup properly and all boxes need filters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

cheers dude, that must be it. Is there any advantage to having the phoneline in the sky boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

well i get that sometimes while playign online games..the connection just drops and then im reconnected again..it happens probably once every two days..but sometimes it might just keep happening on that day..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cooper_man wrote:
    cheers dude, that must be it. Is there any advantage to having the phoneline in the sky boxes?
    There's no great advantage to you unless you want to vote in the Sky News poll or something but it's part of the Sky T&C's if you avail of free installation and/or free equipment. The box "phone home" every so often so Sky know that all the multi-room boxes are install in the same house.

Advertisement