Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest BB - Upload

Options
  • 14-12-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Ok, so i'm currently on BT's 3MB package (Which is local 1 hr calls, line rental and bb) for E50 a month. This has been great, with no down time and nearly always full speed on upload and download.

However, its the upload that's killing me. For work, i've to upload large, hi-res photos to London on a daily basis and it's taking *forever* with this package.

My question is simple, would anyone know what the fastest broadband package is for E70 or less per month, that has a better upload speed than 384KB/s? I'm in Bray, so can't get NTL and I was also with IBB until a year ago as their service was too intermittent...

Anybody any ideas or have any experience with another product?

Thnks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

well unless you have fibre optics in your area..then you probably have to go wireless..either with digiweb or ibb brezze..

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Magnet Intro 4mb/512k = €52 incl line rental.

Actual speeds i get = 5mb/1mb
    100GB cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Yeah must agree with igster ... IBB or DigiWeb. Have dealt with alot of IT peeps using one or the other of these providers and one of best features they have always mentioned is the upload speeds e.g. 3 MB download and 3MB upload - or whatever package you have

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

Thanks for the replies - i think i'll have to revisit IBB in Bray as Digiweb wireless isn't out here yet.

Cheers for your ideas anyhow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I hear IBB in bray is far more reliable these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement