Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Pc.

Options
  • 14-12-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I am looking for advice for my next door neighbor,he is without internet and quite peed off.

Approximate 2 months ago he bought a pc from from Tesco now.

The pc broke (something about the disc drive) after 30 days and he wanted to bring it back and get it exchanged for a new one but Tesco said "Sorry you will have to deal with the company that made the pc" So he accepted that and rang the company who made it. The company came and collected the computer.
    It has been 3-4 weeks since they collected. He rings each day (Usually on hold for over 40 minutes at a time and than another 30 with the support crew) But they keep fobbing him off saying "They can't find the computer or your name isn't registered" What should I tell him? Needless to say he is more than pissed off.

I personally would have gotten my god-darn money back by now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Was he given any kind of a reciept, or paper when the computer was collected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

"Sorry you will have to deal with the company that made the pc"
    As far as I know, saying that is against the law.
    He should just keep pestering Tesco, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Thats what I thought,up to one year right?
    Was he given any kind of a reciept, or paper when the computer was collected?

Nope none at all but it is in there sustem because sometimes they do find his name on their computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

From my extensive knowledge of Junior Cert Business Studies(1996), whoever sold it to you has the responsibility of repairing/replacing/refunding...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Try the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs, 4 Harcourt Road, Dublin 2
    +353 (0)1 402 5500, http://www.odca.ie. It's tesco's responsibility to do this not the pc company. Your contract is with tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Under the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the seller, not some moronic company they chose as their supplier. Maybe that's the way things work in UK but not here.

You should check your rights and then go back to Tesco.
    When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.

Tell them you want a refund. If they refuse sue them. At present it costs 15 euro to file a claim in the Small Claims Court and it's money well spent if you're not getting anywhere with Tesco.

And when you're finished with those muppets, go buy a Dell where you'll get some real warranty, or get Komplett to build you a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

netman wrote:
    Under the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the seller, not some moronic company they chose as their supplier. Maybe that's the way things work in UK but not here.

You should check your rights and then go back to Tesco.

Tell them you want a refund. If they refuse sue them. At present it costs 15 euro to file a claim in the Small Claims Court and it's money well spent if you're not getting anywhere with Tesco.

And when you're finished with those muppets, go buy a Dell where you'll get some real warranty, or get Komplett to build you a PC.

I will refer this info to him! *Printy,printy*

Thanks chaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

*Rubs hands*
    Job well done, chaps. Let's go home....

Advertisement