Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The North Face Outlet Store

Options
  • 14-12-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Is there a North Face Outlet store in the country? I seem to remember there being one but can't find a phone number for them. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did a Google and found this on http://www.thenorthface.com/eu/store-locations.html ...

Now Open

The North Face Store Dublin
    Temple Lane South - Temple Bar
    Ireland

.. which is a bit confusing. Isn't that where the now defunct Lowe Alpine shop was? I admit I haven't been down there since it closed, but if it has been taken over by them, then it might be worth a visit.

EDIT: seems I'm right .. here's some new info ...

http://www.thenorthface.com/eu/news/news-20061103.html

2nd EDIT: Reading between the lines, it's another 'subsidiary' of the Great Outdoors, just like the Lowe Alpine shop effectively was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Enduro

...and from the prices, its definitely not an outlet store. More Boutique really.

Some very nice gear in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Aye, I've been looking at North Face down jackets on Ebay but I don't know if they're fakes are not. I might just buy a Mountain Hardware one from barrabes. It's only €170 including P&P.

Might just pop into Patagonia first though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Evil Phil wrote:
    Is there a North Face Outlet store in the country? I seem to remember there being one but can't find a phone number for them. :confused:

As other posters have said there is the North Face shop in Temple Bar, that's the only one in Ireland. Perhaps you are thinking about "53 degrees North" a shop in Carickmines business park off the M50. It has North Face gear as well as all the other well known outdoor clothing brands. Its not that cheap though, just a huge big shop that looks like an outlet store.

Nah I thought there was a outlet store in Mullingar for some strange reason. I found a down jacket on barrabes.com that's just as good, is new and is genuine. Mountain Hardware for those who want to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I wouldnt trust North Face from Ebay, I've been stung twice. Got my money back through credit card charge back but was a pain in the ass. Just saw the Nuptse for €160 on Sale in Finland which was a good price. You could always get the ebay seller to send you a picture of the carre label then check the factory and batch code on it with North Face to check if it's real. I got a Nuptse vest on Ebay from a reliable source a few years ago, I'll see if I can dig up the seller if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Alun wrote:
    Did a Google and found this on http://www.thenorthface.com/eu/store-locations.html ...

Now Open

The North Face Store Dublin
    Temple Lane South - Temple Bar
    Ireland

.. which is a bit confusing. Isn't that where the now defunct Lowe Alpine shop was? I admit I haven't been down there since it closed, but if it has been taken over by them, then it might be worth a visit.

EDIT: seems I'm right .. here's some new info ...

http://www.thenorthface.com/eu/news/news-20061103.html

2nd EDIT: Reading between the lines, it's another 'subsidiary' of the Great Outdoors, just like the Lowe Alpine shop effectively was.

Yes, the north face store in dublin like most of its other european outlets is a franchise that is operated by a major local retailer. In the UK i think its ellis brighams that provide the staff etc, for the covent garden store in london. Its a win win for both parties - TNF gets brand exposure and the local store (in this case the great outdoors) get an exclusive right to north face gear lines.

It is not however a factory outlet, everything is "srp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

In regards to the OP, ebay can actually be cheaper than the North Face Outlet stores,having visited the one in Woodbury Common last June,there was a lot of stock alright but not at knock down prices,however if you buy from the reputible sellers on ebay (dinoexpress,thegearevival,coolstuff4trek,thegearshop) all of whom have ebay stores, you'll find they offer bloody brilliant bargains on gear, having ordered a fair few items from the now I've had 0 problems, no customs charges ,and they're all 100% authentic original items that they sell. Anything listed on ebay from hong kong...forget about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Viscosity

Hi,

Just a quick question (a bit off topic) as to which online store is the best for North Face gear.

Its the Verdi Down Jacket I'm after.
    http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=EU&model=AA7V

I saw it earlier in Great Outdoors in Galway for €220 but not in my size. Its on Ebay but I've had trouble with fake gear already.

Its on Barrabes for €258 but would I have to pay anything additonal for it except shipping ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Viscosity wrote:
    Its on Barrabes for €258 but would I have to pay anything additonal for it except shipping ?

No, shipping is the only extra cost. There's not duty as they're based in the EU. I ended up buying a Lowe Alpine down jacket in the Kilarney outlet center for €109 reduced from €169.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 loulouleblue

Outlet store in Kildare Village at roundabout on Kildare/Nurney exit from M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi lads,
    I have a North Face down jacket for ages now and need it cleaned. Has anyone done it here themselves or has it done somewhere in Dublin?

Cheers,
    M

I believe the trick to cleaning a down jacket is to tumble dry it with a couple of burst tennis balls thrown in with it. The balls will help to refluff the down. I've since seen tumble dryer balls in the supermarket so they might be a better option.

Any laundry that does down duvets can clean your jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Great, thanks! Anyone recommend any good laundrette that cleans down duvets?

Cheers,
    M

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Off topic but was in TK Maxx in galway last week, they have Gortext Pro -Shell Berghaus Temerance Jackets for sale for €140, they retail at about 300 everywhere else, there was like 4 of them left in the outerwear/snowsports racks all L & XL. The only reason i didnt buy one is they were bright bloody yellow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

...try this....they have really good prices.....

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/default.asp?submit=Home

...re the shop in Temple Bar, sure if you are loaded and want to pay 30-50% extra.......

Advertisement