Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Smart - Now Bupa, same old thing?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Well Guys,

Slightly off topic, but not in another way. Same type of thing. I realise Health is far more important but I have to say the following -

Bupa now gone ala VHI and recently SMART gone ala EIRCOM. The incumbants are screwing any chance of competition in Ireland PLC. As was with the 45000 Smart customers, the bulk of the 450,000 Bupa customers will go back to VHI - OUT OF FEAR. As with the Smart situation people will basically say hey back to VHI with me, at least they aint goin under and I am stayin put from here on in. This now ruins any hope for new competition to enter the market in the future, not alone in health but in all other market areas.

Also - look out for general health price increases and win back ads on the radio, tv and the web from VHI and VIVAS

Cheers
    Aidan [ already bitten by the smart/eircom situation ]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

But Smart are not gone, despite the best efforts of Eircom and they continue to give two fingers to Eircom by supplying the best broadband product in the country.

You have to wonder why Eircom were so worried about Smart that they pulled out all the guns to try and screw them.

And failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

spurious wrote:
    But Smart are not gone, despite the best efforts of Eircom and they continue to give two fingers to Eircom by supplying the best broadband product in the country.

You have to wonder why Eircom were so worried about Smart that they pulled out all the guns to try and screw them.

And failed.
    Ya, but Smart only operate in the few places were there is LLU. I think eircom could careless about Smart giving them two fingers. In both cases it's the customers that are getting screwed.

Advertisement