Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo or not tattoo?????

Options
  • 14-12-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

New here, need some professional opinions..... gettin small tattoo of my sons name but stumped as were to get it done on the inside of my wrist or on my foot / ankle???? any ideas?

And should i get it in another language???? wats hot and wats not about names nowadays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

eh uhm well tattoos are totally individual but there are some trends but youl want something thatl youl always like
    we dont know ya so we dont know what you like/hate etc.
    its totally your decision, well it should be cos otherwise youl probably end up not liking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

laura1408 wrote:
    wats hot and wats not about names nowadays?

not to sound like an A$$hole but u realise its for life, get something you like not whats the latest trend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

j0e wrote:
    ...get something you like not whats the latest trend
    I go along with that line of thinking.

If you look at tattoos that were trendy in the eighties or nineties they look totally dated now. Tattoos such Ghostbusters (who ya gonna call?), Bart Simpson (doh!), Betty Boop (ooops!) or singers such as Ice T or Vanilla Ice (for real!) look so bad now on the fools that got them back then.

Steer clear of whats trendy now and go for something that has a bit more lastability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

plus if ya don't know what ya want, don't get it.

personally i hate name tats. i'd have some sorta symbol that ment something to that person or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 resigirl

Hi,

Go for it what have you got to loose. I think on your ankle would be beautiful and maybe have some doves flying around it. Don't get it in another language as your sons name is not. Most people get tattoo's that they regret later in life (not me)!! but you will have your son for life so you will never regret it.

It is a symbol of how much you love him. I have my husbands name on my wedding finger.

Good luck whatever you choose!! lol !!

Resigirl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement