Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it or Is it not

• 14-12-2006 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Some friends of mine and I are having a discussion on whether this pictured has been photoshopped/altered in any form. I was wondering what is your opinion ?? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

4 legs, a tail a head hmmm. Oh!! A feckin ribbon growing out of his head! Definitely not PS'd.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nope, doesn't look photoshopped. Tho the resolution is quite low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Dosn't seem to be. What were you thinking is photoshopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrrPete

Whether it's PSD or not doesn't really matter to me. It could be most likely not.

It's a nice photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I think I seen that photo on a homepage a while back ,if not it looks almost identical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

The area under the horses nose is what has caught my attention. The fence is misaligned and there is a straight line going down from the horses nose as if they have removed the lead rope and perhaps person standing in front of the horse. When enlarged the patterns in that area of fencing is redundant which is not usually found in nature. The woman said the straight line is from a snowflake that hit the lens which might have been possible, but the redundant pattern I'm having a hard time believing.

This photo was entered into a contest which stated that no "photoshopping" ( as in to mean no altering) was allowed. There were others that were more obvious that still weren't removed from competition but this one won it's catagory. Then was allowed to compete for overall voting. Prizes were involved. myself and others felt the picture should have been disqualified , but those in charge said they couldn't "see" that anything had been done.

So , I was wondering if anyone else would notice that it was altered. ( no it's not mine and I did't have anything that was even close to winning in this catagory ;) ) Since most people on here are very good at the photoshopping thing I figured I'd put it here and see what people thought. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

MrrPete wrote:
    Whether it's PSD or not doesn't really matter to me. It could be most likely not.

It's a nice photo

MrrPete, You better be nice. You never know when you might run into someone in your part of the world. Do you feel the hair prickling on the back of your neck ? It might be me watching you. ;)

Jazuz you're right, you can see that the fence is (poorly) cloned!
    I was looking at the horse and not the background.
    If you adjust the levels to remove all the white you can clearly see it.
    I've marked two obvious bit in red.
    Well spotted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yikes, scandelous. i was gonna say its just artifacts stop whining but good spot

If they removed a person from the picture then that plain lousy and they should have to admitt that they cheated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm surprised by the number of negative answers here. To me, it's pretty obvious that work was done on it (and not very good work at that).

Aside from the fence issues the nose has very obviously been touched and blended (poorly - compare the edges to the rest of the horse).

I have some doubts about the snowflake idea as well, by the way.

yeah its obvious to me now, i think I was distracted by the unusual stuff (like the ribbon) and didn't notice the glaringly obvious lines from the cut and paste job in from of the horse. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

:(:eek:

Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. Must pay more attention in class. X100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm wondering two things:

1. Is the ribbon enhanced? I realise its being compared to a washed out picture and the lighting level may be misleading.

2. Three legs. ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The ribbon looks anti-aliased to me. In addition to that the snow look odd. I can't pin it down to anything. Zoom in on the face and there is what looks like some smudging, the snow looks artifacted though with a photo this compressed you might expect that but the other thing is that it looks to be snowing pretty heavily from the size of the flakes yet the area 4 feet in front of the photographer seems clear. There are no really big, close flakes as I would have expected (having recently wasted a lot of time in a big snow storm shooting).

DeV.

Advertisement