Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Emergency Phone System

Options
  • 14-12-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully somoene here can help me find a solution to the following:

I'm looking to implement a basic phone system which will involve the following:

8 Emergency phone dotted around a premises at various exit's etc

1 Phone manned at reception.

In the event of an emergency, if someone picks up any of the 8 phones dotted around the building it will cause the phone at reception ring and they can communicate.

Now I'm looking for the most basic cheap way to do this, the phones are just handsets really with no buttons on them like the type of handset you see used in an intercom system.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If they ONLY communicate with reception then you are looking at intercoms.

Don't DECT phones normally have a PAGE button - would save on the costs of wiring - or is the PAGE only from the base station. Setup a speed dial and glue the rest of the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

An intercom system might be the way to go, can anyone recommend one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

or a pabx with intercom sets as well as phones

Advertisement