Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband username/password

Options
  • 14-12-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I bought my sister a phone line and broadband package for the XMas.

So the line has been activated, got her ac number and phone number etc. Now the problem is, I want to set up things for her this weekend (got her a PC too) but her broadband modem hasn't arrrived yet. It just so happens that I bought one of those eircom wireless routers in PCWorld 2 weeks ago. The question is, can I just use this to get her set up in the meantime? Do eircom use a single username/password to connect to their network, or does each user have an individual username/password?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

found the info on the eircom website. Just incase anyone is in the same situation...

User: eircom@eircom.net
    Pwd: broadband1

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

JohnCleary wrote:
    found the info on the eircom website. Just incase anyone is in the same situation...

User: eircom@eircom.net
    Pwd: broadband1

The default username is just eircom I don't know whether any other variation of it will work or not and I have never found where it said anything other than eircom on the eircom website, although several people here on boards have quoted that username, but not sure where they are seeing that. I have Eircom Broadband myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It may be only Bitstream resellers that need an individual user name and password. Eircom knows who you are from the phone line used!

It's possible a wide range of names and password work. I must test this.

Advertisement