Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do not mess about this Christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to a PSNI officer the other day. Instead of the usual 800 PSNI traffic officers on duty, there will be another 3,000 (yes!) officers (normally on tactical / security duties) assigned to traffic duties over the Christmas period.

Do not mess about up North. If they can't summons you, they will arrest you and you will have to pay cash to bail yourself out.

Oh, also, they are organising cross border checkpoint with the garda on several routes, if you get caught or are suspected of anything on one side, they will phone ahead to the other side of the border to detail someone to keep an eye on you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That makes over 50% of the total force of approx 7,500 assigned to traffic duties .. sounds a little unlikely to me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Alun wrote:
    That makes over 50% of the total force of approx 7,500 assigned to traffic duties .. sounds a little unlikely to me TBH.

Its ok. Sinn Fein are looking after the law and order issues. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

maidhc wrote:
    Its ok. Sinn Fein are looking after the law and order issues. :)

Yes, you won't be arrested, you'll be kneecapped. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

lets rob the place if their on traffic duty lol on second thoughts SF :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Victor wrote:
    Oh, also, they are organising cross border checkpoint with the garda on several routes, if you get caught or are suspected of anything on one side, they will phone ahead to the other side of the border to detail someone to keep an eye on you.

Such a shamet they couldn't organise themselves the other night and catch the bastards who murdered that guy in Dromad. Croos border co-op IME doesn't mean squat except for them coordinating what nights they'll set up checkpoints.

Drink driving is a huge problem out our way (N of Dundalk) and I can count on one hand how many checkpoints I've seen all year, in the area...

• Advertisement
Advertisement