Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Open Its open!

• 14-12-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

The new section of the Outer Ring Road is open as of today. The concrete and signs have been removed! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Oh praise be!!!!

Took 'em long enough, but let's not complain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

wait until they close 1 lane the hole way out to put down pathways :(
    now i can get from dunmore out to calyboy for the ould chip easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Excellent ! Better late than never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Car Mad wrote:
    QUOTE]

The pathways are already down :)

Roanmore wrote:
    Car Mad wrote:
    QUOTE]

The pathways are already down :)

wo someone grew a brain:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyone got a map of this new road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No map needed, the link is from the N25 roundabout by the new cancer clinic
    north to the Old Kilmeaden Road, if driving past North extention of Indusial Estate its about 2 kms out.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Car Mad wrote:
    Roanmore wrote:

wo someone grew a brain:D

AFAIK it was a funds issue the last time, they didn't have the money to do the paths initially!

Surely it must have cost them more to do it later so perhaps they've learned from this the second time round.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tanabe wrote:
    Car Mad wrote:

AFAIK it was a funds issue the last time, they didn't have the money to do the paths initially!

Surely it must have cost them more to do it later so perhaps they've learned from this the second time round.

From what I was told by someone who works in the council..

The NRA build the roads but do not place down footpaths or lights. Thats the councils area. So the NRA developed the road, and when they handed over the road to the council they had to apply for the grant and then hire someone to do the work :)

Anyway, where about does this road go to?

Look 3 posts up from this one.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

"north to the Old Kilmeaden Road" - Where abouts is this? Im a little bit unsure if I know this road.

Cheers Mike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great. i can avoid the most of that horrible old kilmeaden road now. littered with pot holes it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Tell me about it, I drove out the old kilmeaden road yesterday for the first time in about six months. Lets just say I wont be doing it again in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Sully04 wrote:
    Tanabe wrote:

From what I was told by someone who works in the council..

The NRA build the roads but do not place down footpaths or lights. Thats the councils area. So the NRA developed the road, and when they handed over the road to the council they had to apply for the grant and then hire someone to do the work :)

Anyway, where about does this road go to?

The NRA only develop "National Roads" as their name suggests. The outer ring road is a regional road and therefore not the responsibility of the NRA. The design for this road was carried out in house by Waterford City Council. The new section that has opened today was designed by the NRA as part of the Waterford City Bypass. This new section will connect to the actual bypass at the River Suir west of the toll plaza. You will (when the bypass is open) be able to drive from Ardkeen Hospital to Granny junction and on to Limerick/Dublin/Wexford without having to "crawl" through the city. (For a fee i might add)

tonc76 wrote:
    Sully04 wrote:

The NRA only develop "National Roads" as their name suggests. The outer ring road is a regional road and therefore not the responsibility of the NRA. The design for this road was carried out in house by Waterford City Council. The new section that has opened today was designed by the NRA as part of the Waterford City Bypass. This new section will connect to the actual bypass at the River Suir west of the toll plaza. You will (when the bypass is open) be able to drive from Ardkeen Hospital to Granny junction and on to Limerick/Dublin/Wexford without having to "crawl" through the city. (For a fee i might add)

Strange that a member of the City Council would say such a thing to me. So much for reliable sources of information! Thanks for clearing it up :)

Mossy Monk wrote:
    great. i can avoid the most of that horrible old kilmeaden road now. littered with pot holes it is

There bad arnt they:rolleyes: lets just say a ceartin counciler Pat L will be getting a phone call soon:D is it me or are there no speed signs on the road? i presume its 60km the same as the other side but if your coming of the main n25 how are you ment to know:confused:

Advertisement