Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weird alarm sh1t going on

Options
  • 14-12-2006 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday when I tried to use the remote central lokcing/alarm it did'nt work then a few mins later it did. I did'nt think too much of it as I was several metres away the first time.

This morning at 6.30 am I tried remote open the car and could'nt, the alarm/immobiliser was still on as well, when I accessed the car with the key the alarm went off (suprise!) so I cabbed it to work and bought a new battery for the key fob. When I got home I tried again and it opened and dissarmed but it took several tries. I have now locked the car manualy with the alarm off.

The time the system worked was when I used the remote at a particular angle to the car (roughly three-quarters rear passenger side). I am now very reluctant to re-arm the alarm system lest it stay on for good!

The system is a Serpi-Star GR 66 or 56 (not sure of exact model) fitted to a 1996 Audi A6.

Anyone familair with this system?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Centari

Give Qualvecom a shout on 4191600, they are the agents and should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just to update - its been hit and miss, it may sound strange but ambient temp seems to be part of the problem This morning when the sun was on the car it was okay this evening its being tricky again. I had to put the remote right by the receiver sensor to get a response. Alarm off again for now!

Mike.

Advertisement