Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most improved Wrestler of 2006

• 14-12-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Instead of maybe doing a massive thread with a whole load of different categories, it might be more fun to do 1/2 topic at a time every couple of days culminating to the big 2, match of the year and wrestler of the year.

For the most improved, I'll go with Johnny Nitro. He was a guy in OVW who started off horrible coming off the reality tv show and has gradually got better and better over time, particuliarly this year.

I think another person, although they have only been back in the WWE a short time, that deserves a mention is Jeff Hardy. He has been so good since he's come back. I was never a huge fan of his but he's been a breath of fresh air since coming back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Instead of maybe doing a massive thread with a whole load of different categories, it might be more fun to do 1/2 topic at a time every couple of days culminating to the big 2, match of the year and wrestler of the year.

Good idea and I was thinking the same. After Armageddon is over someone should do a best match and best PPV of the year.

Also I think best comeback would be a good one as there have been a good few who returned and did very well. Finlay, Sabu, Jeff Hardy, etc.
    For the most improved, I'll go with Johnny Nitro. He was a guy in OVW who started off horrible coming off the reality tv show and has gradually got better and better over time, particuliarly this year.

I think another person, although they have only been back in the WWE a short time, that deserves a mention is Jeff Hardy. He has been so good since he's come back. I was never a huge fan of his but he's been a breath of fresh air since coming back.

Yeah I'd probably go with Nitro too. I think he still needs a lot of work on the mic and I feel he has also been booked badly but I think he's really improving in the ring and has come into his own as the IC champion. It's surprising to me as I always felt Joey Mercury was the better worker in MNM and would have figured he'd get the success as a singles competitor.

In TNA I'll give a nod to Rhino as I think he has stepped it up a notch big time. His performances against Christian were brilliant (particularly the cage match) and he had another great match at Turning Point against AJ Styles. He's putting over people and making himself look good in the process. Abyss has really come along too and is deserving of a title run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm gonna say CM Punk! He is major over with WWECW fans and at Survivor Series, he proved that he is over with the regular WWE fans too!

We'd better beware with this thread, cos I can see it turning into a thread like the one on Benoit and Kennedy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

nice thread.....
    I would have to agree with the first two posters(i think it was nice guy and vince)...nitro is the wrestler that I think has improved most.Reality tv has paid off in his case.Having said that he could still work more on his mic skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Minto wrote:
    We'd better beware with this thread, cos I can see it turning into a thread like the one on Benoit and Kennedy.......
    lol I was actually dreading seeing that in this thread before i opened it..fingers crossed it stays like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Mr Kennedy is on the rise as well. Bet they turn him face in 07.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Mr.................................................kennedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Devon wrote:
    Mr Kennedy is on the rise as well. Bet they turn him face in 07.
    i agree. When wrestlers have been heel for quite a long time (pretty much since their debut) and are turned face the fans really get behind them eg Cena and Carlito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm not too sure about picking Johnny Nitro for this. I think he's a brilliant wrestler, but I'd have picked him in this for last year's category if anything. Not that he hasn't improved this year, it's just that I think he was already pretty good before that. I was at a Raw show over here when he was Bischoff's assistant, I got about 20 photos of him gettin attacked by Eugene, and I got loads again when MNM had a match at a SD show. So I suppose I've expected him to be good for a long time, and he doesn't fit into this category for me

Jeff Hardy definitely has improved, from the couple of WWE matches I've seen him in this year at least. He was still pretty sloppy in TNA this year

I'm not arguing with all these comments, just giving an opinion! I wouldn't say Punk has improved..I haven't seen all his matches in ECW, the ones I have seen have all been great though (I think it's a given that we'll all just ignore the elimination chamber here). But it's not as good as his ROH work

My pick has to be Rhino though. Like Mr.Nice Guy said, he's really stepped it up a notch. I've been a fan of his for years, but he really has hit a spot at the moment where he can do no wrong. He's the guy I look forward to seeing the most each week now, and I haven't really felt like that about any wrestler for a while. Can't wait to see his next match with AJ

I might give an honourable mention to Austin Aries/Starr too I think. Not that he's improved his wrestling skills at all, as he was always a great wrestler, but he's really starting to come into his own in TNA now with the Starr gimmick. I just remember seeing him in TNA last year and early this year, and he didn't seem to have any sort of identity. But now he's doing much better, and I can see him stepping it up further. I suppose you could actually say that about a lot of the X-Division guys, they seem to have been given more personality this year

Advertisement