Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€40 ticket for wheel on white line in kilkenny

Options
  • 14-12-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

topic for discussion:

aparantly the authorities in kilkenny have decided that we all need to be parked nice and neat - i have heard 2 fairly reliable reports of people getting parking tickets for parking beside a spot that someone had parked crooked in and so had to park crooked themselves - it's happened to me lots - im sure everyone has experienced it - it always ticks me off - but seriously does it really matter that much that we have to make an issue out of it ??

opinions ... facts ... experiences ... is this happening nationwide ... is this even legitimate ... etc ... etc :D

... my personal opinion is that i find the whole idea of this type of picky thing pretty scary .. and i wonder why it wasnt more publicised so that people would at least know before they parked that they could get fined .. nobody i've asked had ever heard of it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

should be fined imo. It's fair.

doesn't take a genius to park in between two white lines.

it's called aggressive parking. You cannot be punished if your wheels touch the line, however 1mm outside, and you're open to fines.

also, for street parking, your front wheels can touch the white line, meaning the front of your car is actually in the other space - totally legal.

I also hate people who drive around car parks waiting on someone to move. Today for example, i had lunch in my car, the same eejit drove past me 7 times slowly :rolleyes: just because i was in a coveted long term spot. FFS, pay the extra few cent for a normal space and come back in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What car park in Kilkenny was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've never heard of this. Although Dunnes stores car park is notorious for pretty good examples of horrific parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

smemon wrote:
    doesn't take a genius to park in between two white lines.

yea i know that's true but if somebody parks really badly then you've got to carry on the pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

Stephen wrote:
    What car park in Kilkenny was this?

one of the examples was at the cinema - dont know about the other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I parked in the friary st car park, got a good space. came back to find another car parked Arseways beside mine, ended up getting into the car from the passenger side.:mad:

Wrote a nice little note saying "Please Learn To Park Properly" It's not F**king
    rocket science!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I worked in a place years ago where the car-park out the back was cramped and had about as many cars as possible jammed into it. The security guard used to stick notes on peoples' windscreens if they didn't park properly :)

I wonder would it be possible to appeal a parking fine if you had had to park badly because everyone else in the row was?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I wonder how much this egit would get fined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I wonder how much this egit would get fined

Not enough, Clamp all four wheels:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

f**k clamping, that moron should have his car scrapped. Its probably worth more as scrap anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its Offence number 8 of the parking and traffic bye laws.

8. "parking in a manner prohibited" Fine €19

Dunnes Stores carpark ~ Shudders!

Advertisement