Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Lack of Driving Skills

Options
  • 14-12-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭

I was just walking home there a few minutes ago and was coming down Parliment Street and was just about to cross over to Capel Street Bridge when I spotted a silver Dublin registered Opel Corsa coming down the Quays. They stopped just past the lights and turned from the soutside onto the bridge and drove the WRONG way over the bridge and across the river and then turned right and headed back into the city.

I was completely shocked, it's not hard to imagine how accidents happen after seeing a display like that. I'm not from Dublin, nor do I even drive yet I know and have known for years that that bridge is one way only. I'm just trying to figure out if they didn't know this fact or whether they were simply to lazy to carry on to the next legitimate right turn and decided they should take a shortcut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

eo980 wrote:
    I'm just trying to figure out if they didn't know this fact or whether they were simply to lazy to carry on to the next legitimate right turn and decided they should take a shortcut.

Not knowing it is a one way bridge is no excuse. If they had proper driving lessons they would know how to read road signs.

Either that or the road is badly signed. I don't know as I''ve never driven in town.

It really pisses me off that in Ireland someone can get behind the wheel of a car having had no professional instruction and endanger peoples lives. As far as I can see, unless the government are actually going to start cracking down on the number of L plate drivers driving unaccompanied they're not going to see any reduction in the number of fatalities on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Could have been a tourist or someone up from the country doing a bit of xmas shopping. My wifes folks are from the country and balk at the thought of driving in Dublin City. At least no one was hurt.

Advertisement