Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lig Sinn I gCathu

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol, better start learning, it's pretty important for using the definate article("an") or the tuiseal gineadach, which are kinda integral to the use of Irish, and I think about 1/8 of the marks go for grammar....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Your username is grammatically incorrect. "File" is masculine ;)

I know, I just prefer writing it that way. It sounds nicer when the "f" is silent, imo. And how I like to be known on boards is of absolutely no relevance to the short stories, or my Irish results this summer.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

ok people lets just take a breath here...lig sin i gcathú...i mean honestly who gives a sh#t about the storyline? we are all here to purely get the best result so basically guys all u gotta worry about is the characters. its that simple...ur teachers will undoubtedly give u notes on the relevant characters...learn these notes and hope the story comes up cause thats the probable question. be grateful:p ....although yes it is a gay story:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I could'nt tell you what this is about in Enhlish...never mind Irish!

All the other stories are grand though.

Oh and I'm doing pass:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

JC 2K3 wrote:
    lol, better start learning, it's pretty important for using the definate article("an") or the tuisealgineadach, which are kinda integral to the use of Irish, and I think about 1/8 of the marks go for grammar....

It's tuiseal ginideach actually. Marks for correct spelling too remember.

Nobody likes a smartarse.

It's tuiseal ginideach actually. Marks for correct spelling too remember.

Nobody likes a smartarse.
    Congrats for completely contradicting yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love the pass stuff. How simple are Jack, an Cherrbhach and Gealt etc.?

The honours poetry, I can understand it once we've translated the words they like to make up or else completely transform, and the themes are alright, but GOD they're so boring. Especially An t-Oiléan. Urchill an Chreagain isn't so bad, I like that whole period of Irish legends, but it's so looong. An Bhean óg is too hard to write on, you can't get near a decent length because it's too short and feck all happens.

Finally re-learnt the rules for what takes a shéimhiú! Used to splash them around, only knowing it's used for 'an'.

Advertisement